The play when I knew it was over

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

His random bombs to wrs in double coverage does need to stop. But outside of those plays, he's generally pretty smart and plays well.

At one point we needed short yardage for a first and he just launched it... complete prayer. Double coverage. I don't get what he's thinking on those.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

You can tell our offense is truly hurting without Britt.

Hell, look at the Bengals. AJ Green was making Dalton look otherworldly. Dude's a freak. The commentators were talking about how Dalton kept throwing it to the perfect place for his receivers, but look at how many stretched out circus catches AJ Green made.

That's the difference between a playmaker WR and our guys.

3. SuperFast3000GT

SuperFast3000GT Camp Fodder

I'd gladly welcome VY back. I know I'm in the minority here but I am still a VY fan. After all, he wasn't THAT bad and he did help us win a lot of games when Kerry couldn't. Last year he was doing good overall until he hurt his thumb and had his meltdown. As I recall, he was having his best year to date stat-wise.

Personally, as long as he's not killing folks I don't care what happens off the field. As a Titans fan who is outside the world of the NFL, I only care about wins. It's a business and the business is to win. I hate paying for crapy football. What happens off the field is none of my concern. I'll take wins over good passing numbers any day of the week. And, CJ would very likely still have the room to bust open big runs when the defense has to constantly spy the QB, which now it doesn't.

A QB who isn't a additional run threat is CJ's kryptonite, clearly.

That said, seeing Locker in person many times at camp and after watching the preseason, I don't think he is the answer now or long term. If we wanted a running QB, I don't get why we let VY go. (other than for personal reasons which again, I could careless about) Most of the VY haters hate him personally and it shows. His number weren't always great, his style wasn't always pretty, but winning's winning and he's a winner more often than not. Just my 2 cents...

4. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

we didnt draft locker because he's a running qb. that's just a dimension. the kid has a live arm, a solid head on his shoulders and a great personality. vince, not so much.

5. SuperFast3000GT

We are losing right now because CJ needs someone who can help take the pressure off him, which MAtt can't do. Our WR's STINK and always have other than Britt. VY always had terrible WR's, yet we still won games.

The days of winning with bad wideouts are over.

6. TenACTyrant

i'd suggest finding a different sport to watch if you think the subtraction of Vince Young is the cause of our problems.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

What nfl team would go into a game at home and not put pressure on a rookie qb? Us. Hafetime cincy coaches made adjustments this staff did what the last staff did....nothing!

It is clear that we are not going to go to the playoffs, so it is time to start locker and get him some real reps and prepare for the future!

8. SuperFast3000GT

I never said it's the cause. However, he clearly could help us win in ways that no other QB on our roster could. If you don't believe that, then you don't pay attention. While Matt's busy throwing long passes to terrible WR who aren't even looking, VY would be running for the first down keeping the drive alive or helping spread the D so that CJ had some running lanes...

9. TenACTyrant

yeah because vince had become a real running threat. he had 406 yards over the last two seasons combined, along with 10 fumbles and 2 TDs. in that same time frame, aaron rodgers had 672 yards, 9 TDs and 2 fumbles.

10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

so you're blaming our WRs for Hass's deep throw? anyone even watch our games?
    seriously, deep throws are Hass's achilles heel... he literally thinks "screw it" and throws it into 2 or 3 man coverages...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar