The Peyton Saga Continues...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If football was a 5 man sport, the Colts would be in the championship every year.

2. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

Keep in mind Kravitz is a 'columnist', not a 'reporter'. Columnists write 'opinions' (and stir s^!t up)...reporters write 'articles'.

IMO what Peyton said wasn't really all that big of a deal, and I haven't heard anyone on the team pissing and moaning about what he said. Polian has said the same things Peyton said after the game (in much clearer terms, no less) but nobody's jumping on Bill about it. It was something the national media could take and run with so they did, but it's not a big deal IMO.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they probably classy enough not to take it to the media.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

"Supporting the greatest regular season team of all time since '95 "

Signature from one of the posters on coltfreaks. Classic.

From a supporter of the greatest 4-12 team in the World from Tennesee......

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

this is a post from the same guy over there...
    even funnier...

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Yeah..uh huh...I am sure if someone on the O-line had said something like "well..we win as a team and lose as a team...but when a team blitzes the ball has to get out quicker..." I am sure it would have been taken as just the facts.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The peyton saga........

This stuff can boil up into something more than it is but at the present it is mild and merely just a bunch of guys who are really frustrated with the loss.

Look i lived in illinois during the bulls championship era and some of the things that jordan and pippen did make this look like nothing. In one practice jordan had steve kerr guarding him and phil jackson was letting kerr get away with some fouls to make it equal. We ll jordan slapped kerr! An entire book(the jordan rules) was written about jordan's arrogant and abusive behaivor towards his termates and he routinely called out his team mates in public. Bill cartwright and horace grant actually threatened to break his legs if he didn't back down some.

Scottie pippen once sat down refusing to participate in the final play of a playoff game just because he wasn't getting the final shot! He hated tony kukoc because he made more money.

That was a team that won 6 championships.

What peyton said was wrong. I don't think he needs to apologize for it but he shouldn't have said it. And polian shouldn't have gone to such effort to support it.

As for archie's comments? It's hard to knock a guy for loving his son. My son is only a year and a half old but i can see how it is hard not to want to go to bat for someone when you care so much but archie makes money as a cable network analyst now and needs to be impartial. Same with phil simms and his son and it is the same for the president and his dad. Sometimes you just need to be quiet because you are not doing him any favors.

8. danny

danny Guest

Archie Manning needs to sit down with Phil Simms and ask him how to act when you're kid is a starting QB in the NFL. The only time Simms has made any comment about anything news worthy about his kid was when his son's upbringing was questioned for lack of toughness by Steve Young on ESPN. Simms called out Young and left it at that.

As far as Peyton, he needs to stop being a water walker, be a teammate and STF up. He's talented, and yes, half the state of Tennessee named their first born after him and his frankenstein head. But he's not above being questioned on his play, just like any other pro athlete.

Throwing your offensive line under the bus isn't being a leader. That same Oline that's kept him clean for the past few years. You know it won't happen, but it'd be great to see Tarik Glenn "olay" a couple defensive ends next year and let Payton get knocked on his ear a few times. Then he'd have a reason to mouth off about the Oline.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

O-line is responsible for primary blocking schemes of LB's and D-line.

The QB is responsible for recognizing the blitz, directing/audibling the ball out away (draw, slip screen, roll-out etc) or directing a blocking RB to pick it up. Edge and Peyton are more to blame for the failure than the O-line. The Steelers exposed Peyton's inability to counter the unknown blitzer with physical skills like rolling out or "tuck and run". Porter is fast and tough- give him credit too.

I'm just PO'd Schwartz didn't try it. Woolfolk's uncle and I were saying on another thread at least try blitzing his A$$ alot earlier.

10. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

Watch the Pitt/Indy GOTW on NFL Network. It's crystal clear the O-line was having problems.
    Peyton was in a no-win situation in the press conference no matter what he said (or didn't say). He's either TOO PC or not PC enough. The haters will always hate. Thankfully Peyton's got broad enough shoulders to handle whatever the haters throw his way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar