Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The perfect trade down could be coming....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. maximus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    That trade would make more sense because Culpepper knows Denny Green's offense and did some some numbers in it
  2. Riverman Raise the Wrath

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,621
    I don't see Leinart as a franchise player like Bush and Young. If bush and young are gone, then it would smarter to trade down for other high quality player combos like GLinks listed.
  3. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    Jacobs is seriously overrated and I'm willing to bet he doesn't make an impact on ANY team in the next 5 years.
  4. nigel Back on the bus

Moolah:
    $20
    No way would the Vikings make that trade, not in a million years

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/NickelPackage/tradevaluechart.htm
  5. Overalls Starter

Moolah:
    $7
    I can't see any team giving up the #6 and #17 pick for the #3 pick. If Y'all think Cutler is such a great QB that Y'all would pick him in the first, don't you think they may be willing to get him and keep the other pick for theirselves, since your premise is that they need a QB so bad.
  6. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    i it's safe to say the #3 will be more valuable if it's Reggie Bush
  7. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    2 words: Herschel Walker... :ha:
  8. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    maybe he meant "never" AGAIN
  9. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $670

In the end, it's the player a team covets. The value chart is but a guide to that end. If a team wants a player badly enough, they'll pay to get it.

But moving on, it may not be Oakland anymore apparently. If it's the 10th and 17th picks the Vikings hold, that is only "overpaying" by 50 points according to the chart. But given that it'll be Leinart, Bush or Young we're talking about, that's really like going for #1 overall, regardless of our team's position. And teams have historically overpaid for #1 overall caliber players.

See Starkiller post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.