The perfect trade down could be coming....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I completely agree. If he'd come out last season, he is taken #1 and possibly the best prospect coming out of college in some time.

I take him in a heartbeat.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'd take that trade, the #3 for #6 and #17 and the Viking's 3rd.
    We would still get our franchise QB and a decent shot at a guy like Greenway/Ryans/Carpenter at LB or Huff with the 17th pick. If the LBs or Huff are not available maybe we get Marcus McNeill. Either way the #17 pick this year would be close to the value of a #10 pick in a less talented year IMO. Many mocks even have Mathias Kiwanuka going as late as the teens. Getting one of the best RBs would be an option also. nfldraftcountdown.com has DeAngelo Williams going to the Vikings at 17.

3. You make it sound as if top college QBs (especially those on top teams) are always great pro QBs.

What if he's the next Joey Harrington?

4. TitanJeff

I don't see the Vikes giving us the 17th pick and a third-rounder to move up three spots. If the Vikes were willing to do it, it would be difficult to turn down.

Gotta love the options tho... :brow:

5. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

In the paper this morning didn't Reese say that we pretty much take who ever falls into our lap..

That being said Fisher did say on the radio last week that Cutler appeared to be a better athelete that Leinart. I'm thinking that we will be looking for a QB who is mobile (VY) to somewhat mobile (JC).

I wouldn't be surprised if Leinart is on the board that we try to sell him to the highest bidder.

6. TitanJeff

If Reese thinks Leinart and Culter are close, then there will be few teams who will come up for one while the other is available.

7. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

You can say that about any player drafted at any position. Young and Bush could also be busts. Do you think they will be?

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Culpepper is not reliant on his mobility. The injury will not derail his career, and he should be ready to play at the beginnning of this season. He might not be back at full mobility until next year 2007, though.

Leinhart's arm strength has been questioned and former college OC Norm Chow says there is no comparison between Palmer and Leinharts arm strength. Leinhart would have to be in an QB friendly system(Mike Martz) to be big star in this league

9. I have no reason to believe that any particular player will or won't be a bust. My point is that, just because Leinart is a top college QB, that doesn't mean he HAS to be a top pro prospect. Why shouldn't people grade him down if there are questions in his ability?

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

:winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar