The Patriots just released Albert Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sure he plays when he wants, doesn't give great effort but I still want him. Shaun Smith gives all he has, Casey gives all he has and even Marks gives all he has yet they all still suck. So what would it hurt to add a guy who's better than them even when he doesn't give his best effort?

I know it makes no sense at all and I doubt that he even wants to come back to TN but f**k it. Bring him back anyway.

2. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Sign him, pronto. I have a feeling he can bring our D line back to greatness. He was the only reason our four man rush used to work. He would be cheap, he wants to play in Tennessee and our pass rush is abysmal right now. Sign him!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Some folks on here need to start watching actual games and not just highlight reels. Haynesworth is not washed up. The problem is other teams do not know how to utilize him properly. He was successful with the Titans because of the way we played him. We rotate our D line quite often, more often than any other team. That helps a player like Fat Al because stamina is not his strong point. On that same note Washington should have seen that he was absolutely no fit for a 3-4 defense.
    Haynesworth has a big ego and is selfish, therefore if he is not in the right situation he will not play hard. With the Pats he was not in the right situation because he did not start. I would definitely put some money on this: Haynesworth back in Tennessee as a starter improves our defense in a big way.
    And yes, I do expect quite a few "it sucks", but that is just the way it is.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Really, what do we have to lose??

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'm not against bringing in Haynesworth but you're post imo is being way too overcritical. Casey doesn't suck, he's been great for a 3rd round(I think?) rookie. Smith is ok, a bit of a rockhead but I wouldn't say he sucks. And Marks well yeah he sucks.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Albert Haynsworth is a cancer that a young team needs to avoid at all costs. No character at all. His play gets worse with each passing year.

The argument that he will get all warm and fuzzy and motivated by our defense is dumb.

Maybe only Washburn can light a fire under him but i doubt it.

We are building a team we don't need some guy who has been warm crap for the last 3 years. Even a hall of fame coach could not get him to play.

Based on Eric's logic we should sign Kearse again. We had a good defense with him! Bring Eddie back too!

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Fair enough, suck was probably too strong a word here. But the way they are being used with no help from LB blitz, S blitz or any kind of blitz isn't effective enough to get after the QB. We haven't gotten after a single QB this year. And I don't just mean that we don't have many sacks, I mean we haven't pounded a QB around (with the exception of Jason Jones pounding Orton) enough to get them rattled. Shaun Smith got a sack on Dalton but it wasn't enough to throw him off his game even a little bit.

You get a guy like AH coming after you and you definitely take notice, that allows guys like Jason and Derrick to come in off the edge and do some damage of their own.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

For the love of God, I wish Big Al would retire so these "lets look at Haynesworth" threads will end.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I love that this happened. First off it disproves this illusion that ESPN has that putting on a Patriots jersey makes you a pro bowler no matter your past. Secondly I love being right and I said from the beginning I didn't want Haynesworth back because he's only motivated by money and only money. He said all the right things when he got to Washington and I didn't buy it and they paid a price but they found out pretty quick that I was right. Then the Patriots thought they could wave their magic wand and he would be great again but not surprisingly (at least to me) he failed.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

no i actually wouldnt mind him. i know he can fill in for Smith, that guy is a slop and only makes a play when the runner runs into him. with all due respect the pats are like the skins with their base 3-4 D. i know he wont demand too much money, but i can easily see him going to Phily to b with Jim, in a 4-3 wide nine style.

will philly want him is another question though. i can picture them as tired of buying people. they saw they couldnt do it that way, so idn how inclined they will b (or how much cap they even have left) to do so.

also, since we are talking about the D-line, i think we should move jones back to DT. he isnt working out to well on the end.

If i had a say, i would bring in Al. im one to belive we cant get much worse and he wont be expensive either, so who cares.

Put him instead of Smith (cut him for all i care) - with the line rotating in and out with:

Morgan (i wonder if his knee really is 100%), Jones, Al, Klug, Casey, and Bell....

so far though im not too happy the way Morgan and Ayers are playing. Ayers im especially worried about even though he is younger. after a good game 1, he has kinda disappeared. and LB is a position where the transition from uni to pro is very quick too. as for Morgan, he is coming of a big injury and is playing at a relatively harder position so i expect him to take a bit longer.

i havnt been able to watch him closely, but i would like to know if he is getting of the line quickly? the knee is very important for d-linemen, arguably more than receiver, and sure you knee is used for power (bull and club etc..) and finesse (spins and such) rush moves, but it hinders explosion on the snap so much more. it also hurts a lot b/c of how well JPP is playing as well - who i know we woulda drafted had the G-men not taken the pick b4.

Going into next years draft i want DE and WR with number 1 and 2 picks (assuming talent is there), and safety after that. imo those are by far our most glaring needs half way through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar