The Patriots have agreed to terms with TE Alge Crumpler.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

I think stevens is a downgrade but whatever.

I think its funny that alot of the VY haters are yelling "Yayz n0w we can have moar c4tch TE'Z on Dar' Fi3ld!!11!". This change only gives VY more targets and more opportunities for passing which is what I thought you all "cringed" at.

GL in NE crump-man. I bet CJ will miss him at least LOL.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The hell?

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

What in tarnation are you talking about Boomhauer? Dang ol' what the hell is that sposed' to mean?

4. kstone

kstone Starter

Can't say I'm that sad to see him go when he fumble our playoff game away and gain so much weight.

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Great post. The common fan doesn't understand that Crumpler was the single player most responsible for CJ's big season. Titans ran behind Crumpler on the reg and he destroyed D Ends. Running game will suffer this year.

Belichick knows this.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Please.

If we need some fat overweight TE that draws zero attention as a receiving threat (that part doesn't help CJ, by the way) we'll just line up an OLineman at TE...

that's basically all we did anyway.

Not sure what people dont get- with Crumpler in, it told the defense exactly where the ball was going. Let's at least make them guess once or twice a game.

And Belichick knows this? Yeah, because he's a run first type of guy that gets a lot from his running game!

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You build a strong case for this point. I hafta agree. Crump on the reg, yachts on the reg, 2K on the reg.

We'll be just fine on the line though. As great a blocker Crump became here, our young guys are gonna be in spots to make plays so I don't see as big a drop off as some might think. We won't suffer much, if at all. I like the idea or plugging Harris in on the line and going with Bo, Stevens and Cook at TE.

I'm expecting even greater things out of our running game. Vince will become a much better passer and that is gonna help the running game out in a huge way. We'll throw a bit to open up the running game rather than running to open up the pass. I know it's Fisherball-ology we're talking about but we have a great team people. Very deep on the O and the D.

Our 0-6 start last year was more about our false sense of entitlement coming off 13-3 rather than our lack of talent. Execution and bad execution at that, was our Achilles heel. I really like the team we have in place and I'm really optimistic about this season.

We just need to take care of the small details and get back to basics. Don't over-think this. It's football. Catch the ball first, then return. Throw the ball away when there's nothing there and run when you can make something happen with your legs.

Stay covered to your side of the field and don't let the other guy beat you. Don't bite on every fake and just stick to your area of the field. Don't try to be a hero out there people. The picks will come, the fumbles will come, the sacks will come, we just need to play together and play smart above everything else. The rest will fall into place.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just wanted to say that according to Jeff Fisher, "If we lose Crumpler, Craig will be our guy". Looks like Jared Cook is 3rd String.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

The epitome of Karma would be Alge Crumpler fumbling the GW touchdown from Tom Brady in the AFC Championship and Rod Hood picking up the fumble for a big six.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar