The Paolantonio Report

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

2. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Is your skin really that thin? There's a great big world outside of Nashville. Try not to take offense by a few facts.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What would the neilson ratings have to do with anything? 5% of the country in LA don't even have a football team.

About 3 million people can watch the titans from nashville-memphis-knoxville-huntsville and chattanoga combined. We are not a nashville only team hence the name.

Are the SMNLW(small market-nobody loves us whiners) outsiders who look down on this part of the country or do you have roots in this area and are just ashamed of it?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Official announcement from rolltide.

For years you guys were lucky to have me; a person of my stature in this small market area. well now i'm convinced a change is in order so i'm going to the big city, big market. I'm going to detroit to live. According to the neilson ratings detroit is 11th and nashville 29th so i'm convinced detroit it is!

Small market suckers!

5. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

What's with all the lame suppositions? Again, why is it so hard for you to admit that it was very lucky the way it turned out. Think about it. Bud fires Jack Pardee and hands to job to an unknown 35 year old assistant coach named Jeff Fisher...fast forward 15 years and he's won 128 games and is the longest tenured team in the NFL. And still you don't want to give him any credit. And Nashville is fortunate to have a coach of his stature.

6. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Way to assume everything about me man. I have lived in Florida, Indiana, Washington, Georgia, and Tennessee(Only 1 year). My point is that why is it assumed that because a team is small market, the owners are usually cheap and field bad teams?

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Jeff Fisher is effing stubborn. He is dead set on the idea of winning without a passing game and it drives me apesht. Some of you (Jesse) are all excited about our 'new and improved passing game' this season but to me it seems like a halfhearted attempt and meager at best. Nate Washington isn't the answer, and if we were serious we would have given Torry Holt and offer he couldn't refuse. We can't win it all because we can't score enough points against a playoff caliber defense. Don't bring up the Steelers game, I watched it, and the reason we blew them out is because of all the points off of turnovers and good breaks we caught. When sht gets tough and we're down late, (ie Baltimore without CJ, who currently is our offensive gameplan) we don't get it done. Give me a star receiver and a versatile offense and then we can talk.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

Congratulations.....you have fully invested in the single biggest misconception about Jeff Fisher.

Quick....what do you figure the Titans' run/pass ratio is. 60/40? Maybe even 70/30? I mean, everybody in the world knows the Titans are a running team first and foremost....right?

Well....not so fast.

According to NFL.com, the 2008 Titans had a total of 508 rushing attempts and 453 pass attempts.

508+453 = 961 Total offensive plays
    508รท961 = 52% rushing attempts

If they ran the ball 52% of the time, then they passed the ball 48% of the time. Call me crazy, but I'd say a 52/48 ratio is a very balanced offense.....far more balanced than people give them credit for.

It's not that they haven't tried to be successful through the air...they just haven't had a lot of talent in that area to make things happen. Hopefully this year's acquisitions will change all that.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good post!

I have to disagree with this though. It's true that it may not be as easy to coax a big-name coach here as some other cities, but its possible. The best question is what up and coming young assistants could replace Fisher? The guys looking for their first head coaching spot that will gladly take an opportunity here.

I'd really like Fisher to go out like Cowher, but it's been a long wait.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think market means anything at all. There was once this theory that the packers would be at a disadvantage to all other teams because of the tiny market and the fact it is an almost all white area but that has not been the case.

We can throw out lame theories but a little factual data would be nice. Prove to me that big name coaches or players are avoiding smaller markets!

I think a guy like cowher who is a native of north carolina would feel more at home here than NY and as i have said there are many things to consider when looking at a location and low property taxes and no state income tax are attractive to me at my normal income i can imagine how attractive that would be to someone making millions.
    The business climate here is good this is not a rust belt area.

The pats have won 3 super bowls but they will always be the #2 or even #3 sports franchise in boston because the red sox will always be #1 and you have the celtics and bruins.

Here the football franchise is far and away the main thing in a whole state! This is an area of the country where football is clearly the #1 sport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar