The only example Pac-Man needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

Pacman should end up with 8 games, with a chance to apply for re-instatement after four games. But I think what WILL happen, is he'll get eight games and begin a zero tolerance thing

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Why would it change at all?

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It might not. But- Pac's representation is using the argument that there is no precedent for this severe of punishment for these violations AND this policy has not been equitably enforced in regards to other players (employees).

This appeal meeting will be mostly between lawyers. I expect some rather pointed discussion from Pac's attorneys about damages he as an employee has incurred from the employer as a result of a policy that has been unfairly administered (ex post facto, no precedent, unequal enforcement, etc.) The NFL's attorney on labor issues is expected to be there. I am speculating, but I believe that the NFL's labor attorney will advise Goodell to reduce the suspension to "settle" the issue and avoid a potential suit for MEGA millions from Pac in the future.

There will be alot of bluffing on both sides of the meeting but in the end, I think a reasonable outcome will be achieved for both sides. As mentioned before- I think Goodell will use the "legal advice" clause when announcing his decision in order to preserve the intention of the policy.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Only problem with that is that everything Pacman's ban is based upon happened prior to the new policy being made.

5. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Thats exactly right Pacs punishment is from the previous policy not this new one whatever it is not exactly sure what it is other than someone can make a decison without fairness and just whatever he feels it should be which the commish can do i guess but bottom line Pacs suspension is under the previous policy structure in which people like Leonard Little and Ray Lewis murdered people and little only a half a season suspended HE KILLED A WOMAN and Lewis though found not guilty killed that dude in Atlanta and at least was involved and not even a slap on the wrist. I really feel Pac-man has a case if the Commish wants to be fair about this whole conduct policy.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

blah,blah,blah :dead:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

OJ of the NFL. :grrhee:

sorry... I thought that was funny too.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Goodell probably wasn't dumb enough to give out a year long suspension unless he was reasonably sure that it could stick. It seems like we are missing a piece to the puzzle. That's scary.

9. DJB

DJB Starter

I think Goodell wanted to do the most popular thing with the fans and in the process over-stepped his bounds.

10. yea, we must have not gotten teh full story somehow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar