The Official Will Witherspoon Movement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

This should become a powerful movement indeed.

Will Witherspoon is on the top of my list for a number of reasons. He's a better LB then anyone we have not named Keith Bulluck, you won't break the bank for him (he ain't peanuts, but he should be less expensive then Arrington or Peterson), and he's quite young (26 when the season starts). He's a fast LB, something we were missing last year.

Support this powerful movement people; Witherspoon in 06.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Damn right, if we bring in a free agent, he's the one I want. There really isn't much of a downside, he's worth whatever we'd need to pay for him, and then a major hole in our D is solved...

Anyone have a negative on him?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I've seen alot of $6 million / year

definitely not peanuts

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He isn't that large (231). He's basically a speed guy like Bulluck, so he isn't much of a foil. He isn't a tackling machine, but he's better then the other guys at it. He's decent in coverage, but it's not a strength.

If we get him, our LB corps is gonna be considerably faster and active this coming season. He's a smart buy for us, basically a perfect fit. We got a little money to spend, and he'd be an ideal pickup.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Unless he gets the injury bug, we're getting what we pay for. This is a smart pickup. The Titans can either sit on there money, go conservative and just draft people with minimal investment in FA (worked out great so far). I'm so sick of us not making any investments in young, established players. Not ever player is a bargain; sometimes you gotta spend some dollars to get the good stuff and IMO, this isn't a bank-breaking move at all.

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

I say we get him. Like some of you have said nothing about him is bad.

We get Him

7. Nine

Nine Starter

Witherspoon is great, no question about it. He would come in and contribute from day one, giving the Titans one of the better LB groups in the league.

But wherever he ends up, he will demand (and receive) a king's ransom; with all the LB talent that will be available in the draft (at a considerably lower price), I think the Titans would be better served to go with a younger LB, and use the cap dollars to address other areas of need. (Safety, WR, O-line)

8. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

Yea wat metal said....but is there enuff cap to sign him and or a Lawyer milloy if we dont sign tank?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree...

Probably the best guy for the money. Thoprnton might be the next best bet if we can't get witherspoon.

Only issue is size where both guys are only 230 lbs and would have to play the weak side meaning we would move bulluck to MLB or SAM.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Bulluck is only listed at 235. Not sure thats really an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar