The Official "Start Henry Thread"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We need one of those. Hopefully Fisher is smart and starts Chris Henry to see what he can do against that good pats defense. He did good, hopefully if Vy plays and Benji oslen, we will see what our run game is about.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I say.. You alternate. Brown started against the Skins so lets give LenDale the start against New England. Then the week after Henry starts. Whoever does the best in the entire preseason gets the nod for the last week of preseason and week 1 of the regular season. Remember... Henry was killing 3rd stringers. Lets see him against New Englands first team defense. If he can hit the holes and make people miss in the backfield then its a no brainier who to start.

People are saying this is a 3 horse race for the starting job? Yeah right. More like a 2 horse race. Or a 1 horse and a cow race. Brown.. to me.. sucks.. He is way to tall to be a running back. Defenders grab at his legs and he just falls down. Hes slow off the snap. He just overall shouldn't be in our starting backfield. White had 1 good run. So you cant really say hes done anything yet.

But Henry so far is winning the battle.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think Henry would have done any better against the first-team Redskins D who stacked it in to stop the run.

4. I think Henry would have done better, because he was hitting the hole really hard, not like Chris brown who just waited for the hole to come to him. Henry runs with power, just like that anaylst said, reminded him of a frank gore type.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Even if he'd been hitting the hole harder, most of the time there was no hole. Hard to get through a brick wall.

I'm ok with giving Henry some more carries, maybe earlier in a preseason game, but it's not the time to say he should start yet.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Oh, and Brown so far is winning the battle, because he started on Saturday night.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

True but with the basic package we were running at them it's hard to get a true picture. Looking at how they approached the line I liked Henry. He protected the ball well while smashing into people with a purpose.

White looked slow & one dimensional which isn't all a bad thing if he's moving the chains. Brown will get yards but I think of the 3 he's the most likely to get stopped the most before getting to the line of scrimmage.

The good thing I felt about all of them was they could block for the QB passing downs. Henry was good at that too from what we saw.

Early days yet I know but what we saw of Henry was promising.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Henry would have run really hard into a brick wall. There was basically nothing there. Not saying I wasn't impressed with Henry's effort but the Skins stacked the LOS and we did nothing to stretch the defense. Teams will play us that way all year if we can't get the ball out to our WRs who are able to beat man on man coverage. Watching Collins made me want Volek back.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Oh please..first preseason game running against 2nd and 3rd teamers.....let's be patient and see how he looks with the first team.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Just for old time's sake, here are the stats after the first pre-season game last year:

Chris Brown - 9 carries, 47 yards
    Travis Henry - 10 carries - 23 yards

We all now how that worked out don't we.

I saw enough from Chris Henry last night to make me think that he will get a shot at some playing time this year, but nothing changed my view that Lendale will be the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar