The Official "Someone Needs To Get Axed" Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

2. THE53

THE53 Guest

Why dump Kinney when our tight ends broke records this year...Keep all of them and they will help us more next year as we utilize Troupe more.

We won't get a 3rd for Volek or Henry. Henry barely came to us for a third rounder, and he didnt prove anything this year to go to another team for a thrid. Volek also didnt prove much. I could see them for 4th round picks, which i would do without thinking.

#90 Camp Fodder

Schwartz. We've got a linebackers coach I'd like to see become DC by the name of McGinnis.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Thanks GoT. Hopefully that page will be updated during the offseason at some point with the current roster.

Also, how might one figure out when a players contract will expire? Isn't that how it works? That cap number still goes against a teams cap for the duration of the contract, right? Even after the player is gone? Or does the team that takes on a realeased player take his cap burden from the players former team? If the released player is not signed by another team, then what?

Anyhow, I think the cap ramifications should be weighed carefully before the trigger is pulled on some of these guys. Can't one make an argument to keep Chris Brown or Lamont Thompson with this logic? I've just read that both men have years remaining on their contracts but when it comes to the UFA's...F'em.

Except for KVB...Too bad there isn't much to renegotiate with KVB...seems he is holding all the cards. I hope he signs a deal that is good for us because he is much more marketable than he was last year at this time. That would be a failure on Reese's part IMO to not bring him back.

#90- McGinnis used to coach the Cardinals, right?

5. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

1.Schwartz- replaced with McGinnis

2.Both Saftey's - sign a vet FA we need the leadership in the secondary bad, hopefully Fuller can step in and play better than Tank or LT(it wouldnt take much) then draft another Saftey

3.Cut Kassel move Sirmon to the middle and draft a OLB 2nd round

4.OL- I think Roos was the only bright spot, Hopkins has to go as well as Olson or Piller, I wouldnt like to see to much loss on the OL we could end up being worse, how bout we resign Hartwig at a decent price move him to guard Ammano to center Roos to LT and Bell to RT even though he got ran over by K. Carter I hope it was just from being rusty.

5. Wouldnt mine seeing Henry back at a reduced price, maybe he can get his act together and show what we thought he could be .

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

How much did them catching so many passes help us? Just because it's a record, doesn't mean we should be in awe of it. We used the TE too much and WR too little IMO. We also didn't always use Troupe the way he should be. With Kinney here, he is going to take some of Troupe's playing time. If we can get a good pick for Kinney, I think it's a pretty good move that's not too risky.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Agreed. Not saying we should automatically ditch Kinney, but in order to grow, you sometimes have to trim back. I really would like to see Troupe, Scaife and Guenther more often. But I won't argue the presence of a veteran.

Troupe should be our Gates next year.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Is Troupe the next Calfolk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar