The official "Reinfeldt is an idiot" free agency thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by onetontitan, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think a guard qualifies as a core player unless your name is "Faneca". Bennett's numbers were mediocre at best. Henry had one good season.

I think a player has to play well for multiple seasons to be considered essential.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

And one thing that I don't think I've see in this forum much... a lot of these players were Reese's doing, playing under contracts that Reese put together. Right or wrong, if MR looks at a team with guys that he maybe wouldn't have signed, playing under contracts he wouldn't have put together, he's not going to go out of his way just to keep it intact.

He's had 1 offseason so far - which everyone criticized him for last year, and in retrospect it turned out pretty good. Not fabulous, but everyone was crying about the loss of Pacman and how our secondary would get even worse than it was - and it got better. We lost T Hen, Bennett and Wade - and no one missed them by week 4. This year we've upgraded TE and offensive coordinator - that alone will probably make us much better, and we're not even close to finishing this offseason. You have to let the summer play out until you can even think about judging this offseason.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Gawrsh. I better get us a defensive end. I thought them boys would stay where the cookin' is good. What was that fallers name- The Freak?

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fire mike and hire Billy from Bang Cartoons

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Here is where we are. We desperately need a couple of DEs, a 3rd DT, an OG who is starting caliber, a 3rd RB who is actually capable of starting because of questions with our 2nd round pick last year and we still haven't really done much at WR. We did get Crumpler.

What totally amazes me is although I agree we shouldn't "over pay" for FAs couldn't we have grabbed a guy like Berrian who really didn't get huge money (maybe instead of Gage although I believe we could afford them both) and at least put to rest one major need?

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:yes:

Cap space doesn't win games, players do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar