The official "Reinfeldt is an idiot" free agency thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by onetontitan, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Great post TJ.

I agree completely with this statement also. Particularly that our cap situation would not have been threatened in the least to have kept Odom.

Another poster (sorry I couldn't find it) pointed out that MR should take heat for not locking AH down before the Raiders blew up the franchise cost and cap hit.

Filling the team's gaps with cheap vets works if you can keep your core. Right now, our core is average- maybe a little above. The drafting has let us down and although Reese is gone, MR didn't impress me much with his first year. He is mid-semester in my grade book and posting a solid C.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I would have liked to see Odom stay, but he's making more than KVB right now, so I can understand allowing him to leave. We can't judge MR on that move yet, especially since we only know 1/2 of the story... we know Odom is gone, but don't know exactly who they are planning to replace him with. Letting Hartsock go made me nervous (since traditionally TE is more important to the Titans success than WR) - turns out we traded Hartsock for Crumpler, which could easily be a move we'll be smiling about in January.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We'll regret releasing Odom come next preseason. Then never think about it again come regular season.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Odom has had one great well not even great season and happened to be the final year on his contract. He was also actually healthy for a while too. I didn't really care if we brought him back just for those reasons.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What Titan Jeff was saying about the core players. I totally agree with that. So I think that re-signing some of them to a new contract would be wise. KVB should be the first to have a new contact. Just extend them for a few years and bump up the salary a little bit to avoid monster contracts in free agency in the following years.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Stewart and Roos better be signed to long-term deals before training camp.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

And another WR disappears off the board (Javon Walker). And so the pool gets thinner (like the Steven King Movie)

8. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Question: After letter one of our FAs

"test the waters". Have we ever signed one that had an ofter from another team? Sorry tried to edit...letter should be letting.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

10. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

i agree completely with keeping core players but dont you think bell could have been on that list in the next year or two?

drew bennett could still be leading our recieving group and be a core player.

travis henry and lendale white together worked out... travis henry couldnt be a core player?

keeping a core together is a great way to run a team but the past couple years we have let some of our best "home-grown" talent walk and they could have been vital pieces to a playoff puzzle.

i know we were in cap hell but find someone that disagrees with me that derrick mason, samari rolle, and jevon kearse werent core players when they were let go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar