The official "Reinfeldt is an idiot" free agency thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by onetontitan, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

I just wish MR could do the ultimate and get Chad Johnson or Roy Williams in here. Then I wouldn't feel so bad about this offseason. DE is a concern now.. we have to address that early in the draft.. WR is still a must.. And we still may need CB depth. At least we got someone productive on offense though. Please just GET US A RECEIVER

2. ShamH85

ShamH85 Practice Squad

We need Chad Johnson or Roy Williams or Larry F. badly! Then Sign Dunn, Kearse and Jason Taylor. Pac Man will be the reason why we win the super bowl next year! Mark my words he will be back! The Titans Organization also needs to back Jeff Fisher and have him call out Goddell before the draft about his wishy washy mishandling of the Leagues conduct policy. I haven't heard any suspensions for all theses crack head DUI wife beaters the last month in the NFL? Was it a one time thing? Jeff Fisher the longest tenured coach and head of the competition committee deserves a little more respect than what he gets at the moment for the Commish. Fisher itched the commish's back after the spygate meeting and supported him and in return goddell will meet with Adam Jones agent and announce reinstatement in April before the draft and the heats off the League.. Freakin Skig Skag Scallywhop! I want Pacman back... Championship!

3. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

I'm not being a homer right now but your right. If we get Chad or Roy or maybe even Fitz... then sign Dunn to spell El Dub and add either Kearse or Taylor we are a lock to at least make it to the Championship game.. If you add a playmaking receiver to this team we are a threat. A serious threat. Add Chad to our team last year.. We lost 6 games.. 3 games by 6 or less points and 2 were blowouts because Al wasn't there. With Chad we win the Colts game because he wouldn't drop the final pass like BJ did.. we beat the Chargers... the game doesn't got to OT... we beat the Jags the 2nd game... Chad would of been the difference in that game.. and we beat the Bucs.. We would probably beat the Bengals because Chad was owning that game.. and the only other game we lost was to Denver which in all seriousness Vince had a very good game but no one wanted to catch the damn ball. WITH a playmaking receiver we are a THREAT. PERIOD.

DJ Hackett aint gonna get it done.

We need to trade for an all star

Oh and yeah.. I forgot about Pacman.. Teams better hope to god he gets suspended the whole year again. Thats all I can say right now.

BTW Griffin is going to the pro bowl next season

4. ShamH85

ShamH85 Practice Squad

^^^^^ Tru Dat! We need a top 5 receiver !!! Bring back the Big I Formation you only need 1 tru receiver! Dunn RB, White FB, Alge and Scaife TE. If we get Pacman back he could be a decoy WR in the Big I... Come on Dinger play action reverse option!! If I can make it on madden and it works consistently it must work! I like Hall at FB but anyone thinking we could afford to let Lorenzo Neal finish his career here?.

5. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

Well Madden and the NFL are 2 different things lol. White wont play FB though. Hes not a very good blocker. Hall is the truth.. hes gonna get alot of carries next season.. 3rd and 1.. Id raher Hall run it. That last playoff game showed he could be a full fledged power back. Mike Alstott even.. Dunn would be a perfect fit for this team. We have never had a true speed RB.

Our last few backs who played good/decent

George
    Skip Hicks
    Holcomb
    Brown
    White

None of them above were burners.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Thanks for the well-thought out, intelligent, rational post. But I do disagree with you on a number of points. I think people here fall into two classes. You mention that the FO doesn't appear to be taking interest. Well, one camp thinks that aggressively pursuing moderately talented, but high priced free agents is "interest". The other believes to be patient, to wait out the waters and see what you can get at a better value.

Now, you seem to want the FO to bring in maybe one or two high priced FAs; not a binge, just a player or two who really could make a direct difference (correct me if I'm wrong in my interpretation). There a few problems with this, but I'll just put my thoughts on a few (it's quite late). First, ask yourself, what would this player bring, and would the organization, hypothetically in an ideal situation (i.e. the player is realtively healthy, will show the same or better production he has shown before) get their money's worth? Would Dante Stallworth really be worth a somewhat expensive contract? He certainly hasn't shown much in the league thus far, only some high draftee pedigree. Then the other side, would the FA you covet really want to come here? People clamor for Moss, but why would he have any real incentive to come here besides money (which he proved isn't the main thing on his mind). Tennessee is a small market town, with a young quarterback who is known as not a great thrower, and may never be a great passer.

Now, I will say that I was disappointed in losing Odom; his contract is pretty fair I'd say, and I was expecting much higher. Also, the fact that Haynesworth couldn't be made happy before being franchised bothered me. But I trust MR and the FO so far; they haven't given me any real reason to be upset, because success has come early. Look, I think we all know that the team overachieved last year. But that doesn't discount REALITY, and the reality was that the team the FO put together last off-season DID get us into the playoffs. Now is not the time for panicking, not on the second day people. And sorry Zell, this wasn't just aimed at you, in fact, it wasn't really aimed at you at all. It's to the posters who are having panic attacks about why the organization has been so quiet, when really, I think the context and time will determine if the moves made (or weren't made) was worth it. If by July fans are still up in arms, then I'll listen quietly and maybe even agree. But not this early.

7. ShamH85

ShamH85 Practice Squad

Well White can be RB during other formation besides the Big I where vince can fake RB toss to Dunn then/FB dive to White and get Vince used to finesse in the backfield and many other great plays out of that set on run downs with 2 solid TE Run Blocking/Pass threats in Scaife and Crumpler.

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Big holes to fill

Our lack of effort in the FA market is almost embarrassing. Our biggest need going into the FA weekend was the OL & DL. We did nothing! Now losing those chances, especially on the OL, weakens our team dramatically. I know allot of people want us to go after WRs in FA, but the list wasn’t that impressive. The draft is where we needed to address the skill positions. FA is where we could have upgraded our OL & DL. Now all we can look at is 2nd tier type players. Look what the Jets have done to their OL. Wow! Well, we move on. What’s next?:suspect: :irked:

9. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080303/SPORTS01/80303097/1027

Well that explains everything. Why resign Jacob Bell when you're losing Olsen so you can just replace both guards instead of one? I don't know about you guys, but I'm much more confident knowing that we are forced to have both Amano and Harris in starting roles, instead of retaining Bell and having the two actually compete for a spot. Oh well, I'm in love with this move (end sarcasm)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar