The official "Reinfeldt is an idiot" free agency thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by onetontitan, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

In my opinion...I don't see the Titans getting anyone (through free agency) that will directly help the organization get to a superbowl. Look at our past offensive acquisitions in free agency...

David Givens, Carl Pickens, Bobby Wade, Eric Moulds...

does anyone notice a trend here? The Titans have never put any effort into pursuing a very good offensive playmaker in free agency.

I keep hearing everyone say "be patient" but to be honest, patience never got this organization anywhere. WE HAVE CAP ROOM...what are we waiting for? I'm just saying that it's going to be very dissapointing to see that we won't get any WR OR TE help for Vince and we will have another year of defensive dominance and no touchdowns. The trend has to stop and our FO needs to be more aggressive, otherwise we will be left in the dust. Being in the AFC South, we cannot afford to be conservative at this point. Jacksonville has already signed so many players, the Colts will continue to dominate (until cap hell), and Houston is on the rise. We need to act.

2. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Maybe we're working up a trade instead? :stirpot:

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Every year there are posters who flip out because we didn't sign anybody on the first day. Stay calm, bro. It hasn't even been 24 hours. Reinfeldt knows what he is doing. I thought he did a great job last year.

As for signing wide receivers, that hasn't been a lack of effort but instead a lack of luck. Yancy Thigpen, Carl Pickens, and David Givens were all signed to be number one receivers. The problem was none of them panned out, and that happens sometimes. We've been really unlucky as far as that goes.

I know it really grates you, but just be patient. The Titans organization has never been one to rush into free agency. It doesn't matter who the GM is. We just don't do it that way. Anyways, I've got faith in ya Mike. (as if he's reading this lol.)

4. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Another coma induced OFFSEASON

I can see it and smell it coming another non existent titans in offseason and free agency. One day into FA the titans are no were to be seen or heard from. It is just one day into FA season however, it has been 2 months since the season ended and the only guy to come to terms on a contract is J. Gage. I hear Crumpler close to getting with the seahawks. We will lose our two starting DE's. We will lose 2 out of 3 TE and not that they were that great to being with but its another of many holes that need to be filled. I will give it a few weeks but by then all that will be left are chumps and cheap players who wont matter much. Just another coma induced offseason Titans couldnt sign a major impact player if that player in Free Agency if someone put a gun to their head.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

We'll loose:
    2 DEs, 1 starting and 1 situational passrusher, who get's 1-2 concussions every season.
    1 rotation DT, who has shown nothing.
    2 backup LBs
    1 starting G.
    2 TEs (1 bust, 1 blocker)
    1 RB (injuryprone)
    2 WRs, 1 injuried and 1 over the hill

As of now, we return 20 starters.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's really not that bad
    yet

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Odom is a big loss but he would have cost a ton. Also, weighing into this decision is the very deep class of DEs. Bell is somewhat important but I think we can find a replacement on the roster or in the draft. There is still an outside chance they will get signed but neither are indespenable. I do hope we sign a WR like Berrian, Stallworth, Carter, or Johnson, in particular Carter.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Its ok....no need to panic, there is a lot going on that we dont know about.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Of course, a lot of it never happens.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:eh?:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar