The Official Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Do you live in Nashville? I live in Chicago. If somebody for one of the sports teams sucks, they're gone. The entire city is pretty passionate about their sports teams.

Another example...(not saying it was for better or worse)

Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow started because the fanbase was behind him.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

no feedback on my post but with the texans having so many players to try to resign i dont know if they will have enough money to sign them all....mario williams would be a upgrade to our DE and would fit in with our 4-3 opposed to the texans 3-4....then we could focus our draft on other needs as that would fill a major void...

bring in bowe/manningham/steve smith(philly) and carl nicks or hardwick....

i know it seems like alot but its only 3 players and 2 of them could be had for a decent amount with one big contract for the 3rd...then we could focus our draft on what few other needs we have....

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Mario Williams - will want top 5 money (6y 85-90 million most likely)
    Dwayne Bowe - Best receiver in FA will get overpaid (5years 50+million)
    Carl Nicks - will want top guard money (6/7y 55+ million)
    Manningham/Smith - not that much better then Williams
    Nick Hardwick - Top center available (5y 40+ million)

The reason no one responded to you is because it's completely unrealistic to expect the Titans to sign every high priced FA out there.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Some people play too much Madden...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

yep. no way will that work

6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i said 2 or 3 which would be worth it to pay mario williams from the way our d-line looked this year....and hardwick would be worth it simply to replace amano and we could draft a guard....wr isnt a need if dwill keeps progressing but i dont ever see hawkins coming on....

so could we have enough cap to sign hardwick and williams or is cj screwing us there too with his outrageous contract

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

No way could the Titans reel in two big time FAs as those two. Hardwick is about as big of a FA as well go after

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

we have enough young talent maybe they seen it haha....promising young d and maybe cj will throw a pitch to on and give up some money for a better line...it so unlikely for cj to give up any of his money for a better run but thats what a rb that cares about his team/career would do

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

please stop

10. MAAANDUDE#31

MAAANDUDE#31 Rookie

What ^ said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar