The Official "Elfie's New Car" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think you're forgetting who is supposed to use the car. Elf would look so out of place, especially in the Evo.

Elf, there are only a couple of things you need to consider when buying a car that you only use to get from A to B.

Safety:
    Don't know the official US safety rating is, but I'm sure they have a website, just like euroncap.com.

Mileage:
    Even if you're loaded it's common sense to not waste money on a gas guzzler.

Maintenance:
    Baiscally two things to consider here; does the car have a history of breaking down and how much does parts cost should it break down.
    German cars are usually very reliable, but their parts are expensive if they do break. Japanese cars are equally reliable and usually cheaper on parts.

Personal taste:
    The biggest factor when buying a car is buying the one you like. Take all the candidates for a test drive and make sure you really like the one you choose. Nothing sucks more than buying a car and then regretting not buying a different one.

Now if you were to be a car aficionado or have special work related needs for your, then it would be a different scenario.
    From the cars you mentioned my money would be on the Freelander, although if I could pick freely I would go with Smash and the BMW M5.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Too many. (In this case too many is more than 0)

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

probably not as many as these

[​IMG]

microwave with wheels.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Elf, know the invoice(the price the dealer pays for the car). Use it to bargain with the salesperson. Go to several dealers. Example
    You want a Chrysler PT cruiser.
    Don't just negiotate with one dealer, go to 5. Negiotate with all 5, eventually, you will have all the dealers competing for your business and the likelihood of you getting the car for dealer invoice increase over just negoitating with one dealer.
    My parents did this and got a Civic for invoice

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I happen to really think the PT Cruiser is super cute. I like it. My list is composed of the cars that I really like. My Mommy and my guy are conspiring and they have added the Range Rover Sport and Lincoln Aviator to my list. I'm listening, but I'm NOT adding rims to my vehicle.

Personally, I can't afford a Range Rover and I don't want a guy to buy it for me. I don't want a guy to be able to take back something as important as my transportation if things don't work out!:rolleyes:

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Let him buy you the Range Rover Sport,don't take away his pleasure of making such a gift.

If things do not work out down the 'road' it doesn't guarantee he'll take back the vehicle. Invest your money, it'll still be there to buy a motor in the future.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Then why are you looking at the M-Class?

[​IMG]

They run $40,000 - $80,000 :greedy:

At $69,647 - $83,752... Range Rover is very expensive though. (I checked MSRP)

I keep shouting Mercedes for engineering, styling, luxury and safety. Your best bet is to go with that Mazda. One of my vehicles is a Ford Escape. It is the same as another Mazda apart from the one Puck has. Mazda Tribute/Mercury Mariner are the other names...

There is an intaginable quality that a Mercedes has. If you are looking for a status symbol... that is what it is. Hey, it was good enough for Hitler wasn't it? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar