The Official "Elfie's New Car" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

So, it's time for me to get a new whip.:ha: I'm planning on going all by myself and doing it all! Right now I'm in the fact and information gathering stage. Here are the contenders: I really love the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Mercedes M class wagon . Jeep Liberty. Chrysler Pacifica, or the Land Rover Freelander. So if anyone has one of the above, tell me about your experience and others give me car buying advice and feedback.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's not really a good idea unless you know a lot about cars. the salesmen will try to screw you over. if you want to do it all on your own, just have your man tag along. him being there will make a difference alone.

my buddy is a salesman, and the first thing they tell you is to take advantage of the women who dont know a damn thing about cars.

3. The Mrs

That's why I'm doing all the research now so that I can go in armed with knowledge. I want to do this alone. I could get my guy to tag along. Actually he wants to do it all. However, I want to be "grown" and do it myself. So if your friend was a salesman, give me some buying tips.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

That's some expensive cars...you have to be loaded or taking a massive loan out for those cars

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I had a jeep liberty. Really fun car, not that expensive. And I can personally vouch for the safety system. I flipped it at 85 and walked out of the wreck.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

As long as it isn't a 4WD

7. The Mrs

I'm an advance practice nurse and my peeps are wealthy, so i'm good.

This thread is off track. I need car and buying tips!

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

going by your choices, it looks like you are looking for some kind of crossover vehicle

though not in your list, I can HIGHLY recommend the Mazda 3
    mine has the sport-shift automatic that allows you to drive it like a stick (without clutch) and its big enough to fit a small ladder in it

the 3 has won numerous awards including Car of the Year
    best car available (imo) for $20gr

[​IMG]

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

without a doubt the best vehicle in the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar