The Official Cut Eugene Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan769, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was hoping we'd cut him on his birthday, but it just passed :disappointed:

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Haha sarcasm??

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Give it time, he will be cut :p

Honestly... if he isnt cut, it means our line is in more trouble than we think.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If we keep Amano going into the draft you know without a doubt they are not taking Warmack or Cooper 10th or any other 0linemen.

Based on the money he makes he has to be a starter to be worth a spot on the team.

I'm not as down on Amano as most of you guys but we can't take a $4.5M cap hit for a guy who is a backup and despite the signings of Turner and Levitre i still want Warmack!.

Amano is the best filipino 0-lineman in the game, but the writing is on the wall here.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If Mawae was so effective as a center that he could significantly elevate the play of 2 lame guards in Amano and Scott to help a RB gain over 2000 yards then why are not centers drafted higher?

Seriously a good center on the back end of his career meant that much to us? Jake Scott was not a good run blocker and Amano was on the other side yet they blocked great as a unit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

and Tebow is the best Filipino quarterback.

I guess the point Im trying to make is they don't know how to play football in the Philippines

7. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I know you guys are ready for him to be gone but its only a matter of time

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

If we do cut him before the draft, is it safe to say we're taking Chance at #10?

9. JCBRAVE

Eugene Amano has nothing to do with our top pick, hes been irrelevant for years and years

10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

The thing is, besides being one of the better centers in the NFL, Mawae was also the true leader of the Titans offense. His skills, experience and leadership were the reason our O-Line was one of the best in the NFL. It is hard to replace a guy like him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar