The Official Cut Eugene Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan769, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

yup

but the funny part of all this was 80% of regular fans here said it was a good deal

me and like 3 others were fuming, but everyone else was happy we kept him

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

1st: Warmack
    2nd: Tank Carradine
    3rd: Barrett Jones

:cool:

3. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Another Reinfeildt crisis we are cleaning up. Even if we save the $1M now, its well worth the extra roster spot and the $4M+ for next year.
    [​IMG]

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

overthecap.com says the savings will be 1.870 million against the cap. I do not care what it is cut his a**! NOW! He is awful at center and terrible at guard.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

By the way tank carradine is a real sleeper in this draft if we could get him at pick 10 in round 2, it would be a real steal. Guy did not get hurt last year he would go in the top 15

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yea this guy just needs to be cut already. 1.9 in cap savings isn't much at all but I just want to see him go at this point.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

We are fine against the cap and are not appearing to be chasing anyone else. If we do, and we need the money, then you cut him and get the money to go after someone. (although it wont help that much)

A bunch of you went full retard last year thinking the line could not get worse than the year before... then last year it did.

I dont like Amano, and dont want him being our center. However he is not our center.....If he does start at center, we can riot but the front office is not stupid.

If the guy we signed is better than Amano at guard and plays/grades out that way... great.... you cut Amano and move forward. However cutting him just for the hell of it is just plain stupid. (you know.. this thing called competition in camp... ect... kinda happens every year.. with every NFL team)

I didnt see any of you bitching about Amano when CJ was running for 2k yards. I also didnt see any of you bitching in 2008 when we had the top ranked offensive line in pass protection.

Hes not a GREAT guard, he is an average guard and has proven to be part of a line thats number one against the pass, and part of a line that can produce a 2k yard rusher. Stop being so narrow sighted about it and try to understand that the front office is trying to make the team better.... not have knee jerk reactions because they cant remember longer than 2 years ago.

All offseason we watched 90% of this board freak out and become drama queens about how this front office and organization cant bring anyone in, dont know what they are doing, dont care about winning, ect ect ect....... were moving in the right direction and they made fools out of some of you.....but some of you still NEED something to complain about.

I just dont get it

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

I fear that Jake locker will run into his but and fall down - I don't wish for our QB to look like sanchez.

[​IMG]

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Every time last year when I thought about how much it sucked to be a Titans fan at times..... Id see a report about the Jets and feel a little bitter

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Great post. I am also in the cut Amano immediately camp but i must admit that my position is rooted in emotion and your approach is much more logical. I don't think we're pursuing anyone else and have decent cap space so the 1.9 mill we'd save is not game-breaking. I would however like to avoid paying him 4 mil next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar