The Official Chris Johnson Holdout Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jul 27, 2011.

?
  1. Pay him top playmaker money.

11.8%
  2. Make him the highest-paid RB.

66.2%
  3. Give him an increase to the put him among the top 5 RBs.

15.4%
  4. Make him honor his current contract or trade him.

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans didnt say they didnt want to pay him, they have been very busy signing the rookies and stuff so everyone can get into training camp. They want to talk to CJ man to man, it's alot easier telling your agent to tell your team you want big money over a phone or email. If CJ actually sat down with the Titans he wouldn't say no such thing and thats why he wants to do business over the phone instead of like a man.

CJ needs to be realistic when it comes to money and sit down and go over numbers like a grown up.

Look at Peyton Manning he was willing to take less money so the Colts could get other guys signed and into camp. Peyton has true love for the game of Football.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Well the obvious difference is that Peyton has made WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more money than C.J. has. This is C.J.'s first (and likely only) big deal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Yeah, that worked out last year for Chris Johnson didn't it? He did everything the front office asked and they screwed him over by not honoring their own agreement to meet with him in September.

So what makes you think this isn't another front office game? If I were chris johnson, I'd hold out all year and then demand to be traded. I certainly wouldn't put up with it.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Agree with the bold. But I don't want CJ sitting out any games. The FO just needs to pay him what he's worth.

The Peyton Manning analogy holds no water because Peyton is already filthy rich. He probably makes more in 1 year's worth of endorsements than CJ has his whole career.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've not read this entire thread but it should be mentioned that CJ is working with new QBs and you want to get down the timing before the season begins.

I'm personally not concerned if they can get this wrapped up by the second preseason game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Titans are doing good by holding their ground. RB's aren't as valuable as they used to be just look at the remaining free agents...Bradshaw, Brown, etc.

7. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Peyton is still getting paid 18 million a year and it's front loaded. His last contract was 14 million a year. Yeah, he is willing to take less money but is still getting a big pay raise.......which means it is going to be even harder to sign people, not easier.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Only problem is besides Britt, CJ is our only weapon, that's unless Cookie breaks out this season. He is our number one or number two best play maker on the team so regardless if I agree with you on the RB not valued as much now thing, we have to pay him. I wouldn't be so concerned if we had the Saints or Colts passing offense but we don't.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

CJ is not our only weapon, we have many weapons but our coaching has been holding everyone back. the coaching sucked for the last 8 years.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

When did I say he was our ONLY weapon? He is our first or second best weapon. Now up to this point you can't say that Cookie, Dwill or anybody beyond Britt and CJ is a weapon (you can say Mariani on KR duty I guess), because regardless of how much talent or potential you or me think they have, they don't have the past production to warrant waiting on CJ and saying "well, we have other players that can be as productive as him." In the future this may become true, but at this very moment CJ is the #1 or #2 weapon on this team and if you want any kind of chance to start the season on a good footing you will pay him NOW.

They advanced all those monies to him last season to get him into camp, promising him they will get him a new contract for this season, live up to your promise FO. You have the draft class, Leroy, andHass signed, now CJ should be your priority first and formost. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar