The Official Chris Johnson Holdout Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jul 27, 2011.

?
  1. Pay him top playmaker money.

11.8%
  2. Make him the highest-paid RB.

66.2%
  3. Give him an increase to the put him among the top 5 RBs.

15.4%
  4. Make him honor his current contract or trade him.

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

I don't understand why you guys love having these monstrous 190 page threads... It's far easier to read through shorter threads on a more precise subject than digging through a mammoth thread on everything CJ.

The CJ thread contains information on everything from his contract to his tweets, to the Titans' FO handling of the situation, etc. This is a thread with a very precise subject that I'd rather see be a stand alone thread rather than another post.

On topic: My guess would be 5 year 55-60 million with ~25 million guaranteed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

13 a year, 30 guaranteed.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Hmm, cj's nutsack and juice=2003 are tags for this thread. Awesome. Oh, and thread is a tag.. that will come in handy for searching.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Totally agree, which is why he needs to stop fixating on it. Twitter and social media has its good points, I guess, but this is an example of it being a bad thing IMO.

After reading your post I reread his Tweet. I think that what he meant was that his "job" has a short window (5-8 years), as compared to a "regular job"....BUT, I may be giving him too much benefit of the doubt. Bottom line IMO is that he wrote this and hit send before he really thought about it, which is why we came back later with his "clarification". My guess is that, if this gets resolved, you will see him addressing this (and apologizing again) in some interview.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Want to make millions and be famous? Part of that reality today is dealing with a lot of scrutiny. CJ shouldn't have made those comments on Twitter, that was pretty real dumb.

He obviously has problems expressing himself, we've all seen the interviews and many of us have heard his "rap" song.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

No way.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If he signs a huge "shut up and play" type contract I'm all for it...

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Maybe after he gets his raise here he will invest in a good PR consultant...I think he needs it, especially if he wants to move on the the next phase of athletic compensation.....endorsements.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

edit: dang, 1 too late. :lol::lol:

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would offer him a 3 year/$33mil deal ($20mil guaranteed).

Unfortunately, I am not GM and I see him getting the same contract as Asomugha got - 5 year/$60mil ($35mil guaranteed).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar