The Official Chris Johnson Holdout Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jul 27, 2011.

?
  1. Pay him top playmaker money.

11.8%
  2. Make him the highest-paid RB.

66.2%
  3. Give him an increase to the put him among the top 5 RBs.

15.4%
  4. Make him honor his current contract or trade him.

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iQon

iQon Starter

There are some braindead fans on this forum.

Comparing the pay scale and contractual liberation of professional athletes to those with regular jobs.
    Saying Chris Johnson is holding the Titans hostage by holding out?

Really? The last I checked, our season will start with or without Chris Johnson. He is not hurting or holding this team back one bit. Please stop with the online theatrics. This saga is really not important to anyone beyond Chris Johnson, Bud Adams, Reindfeldt, and Mike Munchak.

Just remind yourself, Chris Johnson is not the first athlete to hold out. You guys crying over this are the same one's who put people like Peyton Manning, Brees, and Brady on a pedestal every day. Guess what --- if they felt their contract offers weren't up to par with their expectations, they would hold out, too!

I've moved on without Chris Johnson.
    The day the two sides work out a deal, I will move on with Chris Johnson.

Some of you really need to do the same.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

CJ will get a contract..then pull something by his 3rd game

3. amy

amy Starter

Possibly, since working out on one's own is not the same as working with the team in practice or preseason games. However, he could also come out firing on all cylinders and be the 'the Man'. It will be what we want it to be. Too much doom and gloom thinking usually leads to just that.:D

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If he tries to go 100% right off the bat he will hurt something. They should condition him the first few weeks.

5. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Regardless of what you think of CJ, you don't get anywhere in life without working hard.

Barry Sanders once said that when he ran the ball he had to turn off his brain and try to run on instinct alone. There is an art to running the football.

I'm not saying that cj is barry, by any means, but it is incorrect to assume that all cj did was run fast and collect a check. He's reaping the benefits of a lot of years of hard work.

Hopefully you'll one day reach that pinnacle in your own life where you can call the shots, like we all do.

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Cruds, You're swimming upstream arguing with any poster that has a picture of CJ attached to every post. Everyone else understands you see the situation for what it is. ;)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

My guess is that, like LJ said earlier, he has been paying WAY too much attention to his Twitter account, read some pretty aggressive comments (which could arguably be considered racist), and lost his cool (he is what, 26??? For us folks longer in the tooth that is still a pretty impetuous age). Then I am sure his agent called him, and diplomatically reamed him, after which he tweeted his "clarification". It is irritating, yes, but we will get over it if he performs to his salary level this year, and throughout his contract.

I read somewhere $13MM/year, $30MM guaranteed. Probably not a bad compromise....I still think a little high on the annual salary, but I will get over it (The guaranteed $$ is the operative number anyway, and it is in line with what I was expecting and think to be "fair"). Any word on what the contract term is? I am guessing with $30MM guaranteed that it is four years, but does anyone have any intel on this?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I agree with most of this post but those QB's aren't ever holding out for a reason.. Add Mike Vick to that list.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hostage. Who said that? CJ is indeed handcuffing the team. Only the "braindead" wouldn't get that. There are other ways to get paid besides holding out. There are more reasonable numbers to covet as well.

LOL - Preaching to the choir on that one.

When one of those players holds out then we can discuss. I seem to recall Manning and Brady both being willing to restructure at certain points of their career.

Choir.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What exactly about my English language comments brought you to say this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar