The Official 2016-2017 college football thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 520, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

8 ball has been very quiet so far since OSU squeaked out a win. I hate to tell him they got ZERO 1st place votes this week. He is praying they lose so they don't have to play Bama in the BCS finale.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The bookies are usually pretty accurate.

3. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Nothing worth commenting on really. I hope it ends up OSU vs. Bama in the title game. Why wouldn't everyone want the two best teams playing for the title? Bama's good, we've established that. I'm not ready to crown them champs because they beat a very overrated UT team though. I don't think they showed anything in that game that we hadn't already seen. I'll say it again, there's Bama and OSU then there's everyone else.

As much as I hate to say it, scUM might be closing that gap right now.

4. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I'd say Michigan is right there and Texas A&M might be as well. I'm not writing off this week's game at all.

5. 8and8

8and8 Starter

You're one of the few people I've talked to that are taking TAMU seriously. They're a good team but I think they're a little behind the other 3 you've mentioned. Admittingly I've only seen most of the Arkansas game and their game against UT.

Bama should definitely win but not as handedly as others seem to think.

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Texas a&am is not all that good tbh.

Who is their only big win against??

An overrated UT, and where they at home that game??

They almost lost to UCLA and beat Arkansas who struggled with Lousiana Tech.

Not sold on A&M at all and this game is going to be a repeat of the beating they took last year

• Boring Boring x 1
  7. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

They've got a good mobile QB and some solid WRs. And Arkansas isn't a bad team, they just had a bad game. Similar to how OSU had bad games against Indiana and Wisconsin.

If Bama stomps Texas A&M and OSU stomps Michigan, then yeah, it's gonna be Bama vs. OSU for the NC, and it'll be a damn good game (though who knows, maybe Washington and/or Clemson pull upsets).

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Bama's QB is good, but he has a weakness of the deep ball. I still don't believe it's enough to stop them from being NC. Their defense is smothering.

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Hurts is legit, but he is a true freshman, and chances are that a true freshman is gonna true freshman at some point.

But at this point I'm happy with him. He has time to develop the deep ball, and he isn't having "Blame Sims episodes", so that's a positive. He also plays with a ton of heart, and has the respect of the coaches/team, so... props to him. Still feel kinda silly for hyping Barnett all over the place the past two years, though I'm sure he'll find success wherever he winds up.

10. 8and8

8and8 Starter

It's too early to talk about how Bama and OSU match up but I'm going to do it anyways.

I think OSU's main advantage would be Barrett's experience and poise. He doesn't get rattled. OSU's oline has performed better than I thought they would early in the year but they'd have to step up against Bama's pass rush. If the oline can do that then I think OSU would have a good shot.

Defensively OSU would have to improve on setting the edge to contain Hurts. That was probably the biggest negative I saw from the Wisconsin game. Hurts adds a wrinkle to Bama's offense with his running ability but OSU has enough speed to at least limit his rushing stats. Of course if you're too busy worrying about getting gutted up the middle that task suddenly becomes a lot harder.

Anyways it's a game I think a lot of the nation would like to see.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar