The Official 2013 Titans Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't play fantasy. I'm surprised that you don't remember all of this. He sat because of strep throat, got blasted, then said that he sat because his agent told him, then his agent said it wasn't strep throat, it was a pulled hamstring that the team didn't know about. Then it all happened again like 3 weeks later.

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I hear ya...I mean he was clearly holding out because he wasn't getting paid enough. He clearly didn't play it as well as he should have, but that's clearly whatt was happening. Here was Peyton's rebuttal to Joe Thomas' comments:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...e-thomas-cleveland-browns-crazy-ex-girlfriend

It is so true. When somebody has a 100 million dollar contract it's easy for them to call out somebody that's only making 500k.

All in all I don't think Hillis deserves to be called a cancer when all he did was the same thing that hundreds of other NFL players have done(just in a badly-advised way)

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Bud needs to open up the wallet and sign Andy Levitre & Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie.
    Both may hit the open market.

Levitre:
    http://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...lo-bills-free-agents-andy-levitre-kraig-urbik
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/bills-g-levitre-wonders-if-times-buffalo

DRC:
    http://www.eaglesgab.com/2012/11/15...en-eagles-and-cb-dominique-rodgers-cromartie/
    http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/11/15/all-is-quiet-on-drc-contract-front/

Then in the draft, we go with Warmack 1st Rd, Matt Elam (or another safety) 2nd Rd, DE 3rd Rd.

Tag Cook, resign Velasco.

OL is way better.
    Secondary is way better.
    Pass rush is about the same (although we were like 9th in sacks, and our young guys will get better).
    CJ will be better (better OL).
    Locker should be better (better OL = more time for reads/too make plays).
    Offense on the field longer = defense is better

4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Free Agency
    Cook gets the Tag
    Bironas, Lutui, Velasco, Diles, Reynauld

Cut
    Hasselbeck - 7m, er no! We can find another vet back-up for cheap.
    Amano - Would be good for a back-up but too pricey. Not sure what we would save by getting rid of him.
    Hutch - Retirement
    Ringer

Additions
    (Expensive)
    Andy Levitre, Guard - No 1 target in free agency. Move him to RG.
    Patrick Chung, Strong Safety - He's a little injury prone. He is good, and would be elite compared to the nonsense we have had to endure at SS
    (Medium)
    Osi Umenyiora, Defensive End - He wont be getting a ton of money, and its time for him to get outta NY.
    (Cheap)
    Brandon Jacobs, Running Back - A pounder with something to prove, cheap.
    Richard Seymour, Defensive Tackle - I think Casey and Martin will start, be nice get some experience on the line.
    Matt Moore, Quarterback - Rusty and him can battle it out for No 2.

Draft
    We get a 3rd for Finny and a 6th for Jones in comp picks. This seems to be getting predicted.

1. Chance Warmack OG Alabama (6'2 322lbs)
    I love this pick more with everyday that passes. I think we go in looking to trade down, but no-one makes a deal. Werner, Moore and Star are the only guys I would take instead but I think they'll be gone. With the addition of Levitre, we could have one of the best O-lines in the league. No excuses for Locker and CJ.

2. Robert Woods WR USC (6'1 190lbs)
    Whilst there isn't an AJ Green in the draft, there are 7-8 legit 1st-2nd round WR's. I think we are missing a deep threat, and thats what Woods would provide. He runs a 4.47 and catches everything. BPA? I think Woods, Patterson and Allen are all at the same grade, this would be a draft steal.
    I know some won't like it but if you consider having Britt and Woods outside and Wright in the slot, then consider having massively upgraded the O-line, we really would be helping out Locker to the max.

3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB Uconn (6'0 190lbs)
    Apparantly runs a 4.44. Def an outside guy, either him or Sensabaugh can move outside and put Verner in the slot.

3. Tank Carradine DE FSU (6'4 265lbs)
    This a nice gamble here, with a Morgan, Wimbley and Osi we have a nice group. I would like Jarius Wynn to hang around as well, Soloman too. We can take our time with the Tank.

4. Nico Johnson MLB Alabama (6'3 245lbs)
    Not the most athletic player in the world but he's a banger. You can't have enough winner's in your team. McCarthy back-up, which means he'll probably see alot of action his rookie year.

5. Zeke Motta SS Notre Dame (6'2 215lbs)
    Bargain. He was the only guy that looked good against Bama. He is already showing up in the shrine game practices this week.

6.Cierre Wood RB Notre Dame (6'0 215lbs)
    Probably should have stayed in school. We have Johnson, Jacobs, Harper, Reynauld, Mooney and Wood. Plenty of competition for carries.

7. Graham Pocic C Illinois (6'5 310lbs)
    Center's always take a tumble, I like Pocic and he's good value down here.

All in all, this is a great offseason.
    The only worry is the DT position. Adding Seymour is nice but cant be relied on to play all season. Martin I expect to improve and take Marks spot. At CB we have Sensabaugh and Wreh-Wilson competition for the CB position.
    The O'line has been massively improved, we have depth at DE, we have a starting SS and a back-up in Motta. McCarthy insurance, another reciever for Locker.

What am I missing?

5. xpmar9x

I doubt he'll be cheap. Even if he's 33, he is still a solid player. I can see him returning to New England to finish the last two years of his career.

6. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Whats wrong with Nate Washington? He was more than serviceable since hes come here and I think he makes a great number 2.

7. xpmar9x

My Dream Off-Season:

free agents: Andy Levitre, Dom Rodgers-Cromartie, & Chris Ivory
    resign: Velasco
    release: Amano

Draft Trade: Trade back to the 12-15 range and still get Warmack (but @ #16, Rams would take him). I'm still hoping that TB, CAR, or NOLA (13-15) are looking to trade up for a fallen defensive guy (Milliner/Jarvis). We then offer our 1st & 3rd for their 1st & 2nd. We trade back a few spots, and still get our #1 guy (Warmack), plus add in a mid 2nd rounder. We lose our 3rd, but it's likely that we'll get a 3rd or 4th for Finny. Last year Seattle traded their 1st (12) for Eagles 1st (15), 4th, and 6th. If we send our first, plus a 3rd, we could net a 1st/2nd.

1st -- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    2nd -- Matt Elam, SS, Florida
    2nd -- Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    3rd -- Malliciah Goodman, DE, Clemson
    4th -- Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
    5th -- Michale Buchanan, DE, Illinois
    6th -- Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska
    7th -- Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard

We now have a solid OL: Roos - Levitre - Velasco - Warmack - Stewart. This should help our entire offense in an unbelievable fashion. Matt Elam provides the "swagger"/hard hitting safety we need. Kawann Short comes in 6'3 310. Warmack, Elam, Short all 3 can be starters year one. Casey/Short/Martin is a solid trio. Goodman is 6'4 272, with an 87" Wingspan (insane) & Buchanan is 6'5 252. These two will provide solid young depth for Wimbley/Morgan. Mathieu will come in fighting with TC & Sensabaugh for playing time. Verner is a FA after this year, well have DRC/McCourty on contract. If he leaves, Tyrann could be our starting NB year 2, in the meantime.. he'd be a great special teams player and see limited defensive field time, low risk/high reward for a 4th. Burkhead fights with Harper for a roster spot, #3 RB spot. Juszczyk is interesting, noticed him in Sr Bowl pratice. He's projected 7th-UFA, he's a 6'3 245 FB/TE/, also lined up in the slot in the Sr Bowl. He has 125 catches for 1576 yards, and 22 TDs in his Harvard Career... FB in the NFL. Fights with Mooney & QJ for our FB position.

This off-season is very realistic, just not for the Titans. :-(

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

one idea...what do you think about giving mike wallace a nice contract to be a number one with britt almost a for sure bet to get into more trouble this offseason i could see us trading him or cutting him? just a thought

9. xpmar9x

I think i'd rather fill the more important holes first. I'd rather boost up our offensive line and secondary in free agency. Mike Wallace is good, but I don't see him as a true #1 WR. If I was going to spend, it would be on D. Bowe. However, fix the secondary and offensive line and our team will be much better. Then, next year when Britt hits free agency... we should have some money. Hasselbeck will be expiring, and the following WRs will be FA: Anquan Boldin, Percy Harvin, James Jones, Jeremy Maclin, Mario Manningham, and Hakeem Nicks. I doubt we spend on one of them, but we'd still have Nate and Kendall.

However, I could see us going Marquise Lee, Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, and Brandon Coleman in the 2014 draft. What holes will he have? Potentially QB if Locker still sucks. Our OL should be solid, all 5 will be on contract still atleast. Verner may be gone, but if we get DRC & Mathieu, we'd be solid with depth. Griffin might get the can if he sucks, so maybe FS. But I could see us going WR in the 1st. Ayers/ZB should be set. ILB, maybe if McCarthy is still fragile. DL should be set, Morgan improved, Wimbley should, we'll have two young DEs working their way ups with Goodman/Buc, and Casey/Martin/Short trio. So our holes would literally be WR, FS?, & ILB?.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ralph Wilson will never pay big money to an OL again. Not after the Jason Peter thing. There was a lot of drama around the fact that he was their best OL and only the 6th highest paid on the team. So Ralph got rid of all of them. Levitre will be available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar