The Numbers Argument

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not the one who initially made the comparison. I don't think there is any legit comparison to be made. That was my whole point. Fisher doesn't deserve the same kind of "stand by your man" treatment that Cowher got because he hasn't produced nearly the same level of results.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

My point is that we need to be very careful what we wish for. Finding a good coach isn't exactly something you can just go out and do tomorrow. He would last about 5 seconds on the open market - I guarantee teams across the league with TRUE bad coaches, are praying we cut Fisher loose.

I don't always agree with Fisherball, but I realize that he has never had a QB that fit his style of play. When McNair went down and Volek came in, I think he broke some kind of record with back to back 400 yard games. It still bugs me that we couldn't make that work out - and if I remember correctly, that was all on Fisher. I believe if Fisher has the talent to throw the ball down field, he would do it more often, as he did with Volek. He has just never had the tools to make it happen on a consistent basis - and has resorted to his current style of play as a result. I'm hoping Rusty has that ability, and Fisher can continue to get the most out of nothing to work with.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Yeah, lets keep Fisher around because of "what could have been"...

Wake up to reality buddy, Mike Jones DID tackle Dyson, CJ DID get hurt, and Jeff Fisher IS mediocre.

This Thread = Stupid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar