The NFL Wins in the End.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

After so many rule changes- the NFL finally accomplished it's goal; to have 2 teams in the Super Bowl that can combine to total over 80 points on a good night.
    Yes, creating rules that eliminate QB sacks, DB coverage, etc... it finally happened. I'm sure the league was upset last season when the Steelers ended up in the big game with their defensive abilities and all that nonsense.

So rest of the league, take note: Unless you're putting up 30 a game your days are numbered. Ask the Jets, they'll tell you.

Thanks Peyton, for making the NFL flag football, all about offense and crying about defensive contact. You're a real hero. Definitely deserve to be mentioned with the greats like Montana, Elway, etc... even if their postseason numbers make yours look like Vince's Wonderlic score.

With that said- Go Saints. A team with a QB that actually has to escape pressure to hit undefended WRs, at least.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

All the new rules in the NFL are terrible. If done right I still think there could be another football league that could be pretty successful in this country, course the UFL and XFL were not done right. But the Ravens/Colts game was a perfect example, Ray Lewis is flagged for making the only play he can, it's getting ridiculous. And not that I like these pansy roughing the passer calls but if your going to call them call them on everyone not just Manning and Brady. How many times was Sanchez hit today with no flag?

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I hate the Colts too man, but the best two teams in the NFL are playing in the Super Bowl. Can't ask for too much more then that. The Jets didn't score a single point in the second half....defense doesn't win championships. That adage is outdated. Defense puts your offense in position to win championships, or games for that matter. The new NFL is an explosive league.

Really makes me question the future of our franchise with our current head coach.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

To add to my prior remarks....I absolutely agree with what you are saying. It won't be long before QBs wear red jerseys on Sunday and a flag on their belt. It makes me sick, especially the way you can actually see certain players (Manning in particular) lobby for calls AND GET THEM LATE. It drives me nuts. This is a mans game. I understand the players are bigger stronger faster then ever before, but dammit if you're not willing to risk life and limb then play another sport. That hit Ray Lewis made was a PERFECT example, Eddy. That was an EXCELLENT football play, and shows you exactly why Ray Lewis is a throwback player...he does what it takes to win. 5 years ago that's an incomplete pass. Nowadays Peyton gets 4 extra downs because of it. It's garbage, especially with the clear favoritism. That pass interference call today in OT was absolute crap too....in my book flags ought to be challengeable, especially in such crucial situations. The DB didn't even touch the receiver and the ball was 6-7 feet over his head. Garbage.

Nevertheless...the NFL is one of the most successful businesses in the world. That's why they make rules like these...to protect their business investments. No football league will ever come close to touching the NFL and they won't change what they're doing. The last thing they need is a poster boy player getting injured for a year+, so they'll do whatever they can to prevent that from happening.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't really have many issues with the rules as much as the inconsistent way they are enforced. But that's the case in almost all sports where the refs/umps basically change the game with how they interpret the rules.

But the Colts won yesterday based on their defense in the second half. The Saints made a defensive play (though Favre made a bone-headed pass) which led to their win as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar