The NFL may no longer be a viable game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daves not here, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^I agree with almost all of what you're saying.

I'll be the first to say, however, that my dad's generation was tougher than mine, my grandad's tougher than my dad's, and my great gd's tougher than my gd's. Advances in technology has made modern conveniences more prevalent, which has in turn, made dealing with physical hardships occur less frequently.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Another thought- this is a free country. Any child should be allowed to excuse themself from practice if they believe they are ill. However, no coach should be held accountable to allow that same child the same opportunities as those players that stayed at the next practice.

The team does move on if a player is down. That is one of life's big lessons.

Anyway- this point is different from the thread topic of professional athletes so I'll check out.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Exactly. It's a whole different world. Physical strength and endurance means almost nothing to the average person nowadays.

4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Definately! But I think, if they HAD to, the current generation could turn up the grit and become just as tough as grandpa. It's called survival.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar