Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The NFL labor agreement thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $20,478
    thought there was talk of a boycott from the players
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 PSL Owner

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,464
    I thought it eliminated the possibility of trading draft picks? And certainly trading players for draft picks or picks for players?
  1. jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Moolah:
    $77
    thats what i heard also, and why i asked. if so VY will be useless during the draft.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    I believe draft picks can be traded but players can not.
  2. Spartacus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I have read that as well in numerous sources. The funny thing is though, we can draft 'em but we can't sign 'em until the CBA is in place. I hope the mediation does the trick.
  3. TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    one would only be able to trade the draft picks themselves; no trades involving any players, previously signed or recently drafted

(which of course, yeah, pretty much isn't going to result in likely as many trades)

correct. what he said
  4. TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    ...have heard of no such thing
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,525
    Draft can be traded for other drafted picks, but players cannot be traded. Also, undrafted players can't be signed until a CBA is signed.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
  6. memphis_raven Starter

Moolah:
    $646
    I have seen where the union is threatening to decertify but I didn't know it was 'now or you have to wait 6 months'. good article.

They'll likely decertify meaning players can then sue as individuals and the lawyers make a ton of money while there is no football. Eventually the courts get involved. Guess I'll start paying attention to the Orioles
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.