The NFL labor agreement thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I don't think you understand the ramifications of what you are suggesting.

You could also include:

No draft ever again - Only free agency
    Endless litigation

The NFL needs it's labor exemptions so it can govern itself as a single entity. The NFL needs the union. Otherwise, every decision collectively made by the owners will be viewed as an unfair business practice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm sure those foos from the temp agencies can take on the teams as clients.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I know it sucks because we're fans and we want to see football, but you have to respect where these guys are coming from. Manning and the franchise tag, for example. He was tagged when there wasn't a CBA. If there's no CBA, then there is no tag. So to him, it's an unfair business practice, and he's right. I hope beyond hope that he gives it up soon so we can watch some football, but you have to respect where these guys are coming from. You have to read between the lines on some things, read beyond the next PFT headline.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think this thing is far from over. The owners put the pressure on the players with a proposal which should have been completed weeks or months ago. I think it's obvious why the owners played this as they did so I don't blame the players a bit for being cautious.

If it drags for a few more weeks so I don't have to pay for a couple of sucky preseason games, that might actually make me happier about the entire situation.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Has anyone watched the NFLN today? Rich Eison looks so sad.

"This makes me miss Favre Watch."--Rich Eison.

6. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

I can understand being cautious. What I cannot comprehend is several players stating that they needed more time to understand the 4 or 5 hundred page proposal.

First, they all do not need to understand every page. That is why they pay a lot of money to their lawyers. Its like going to a closing on a new house. Hardly anyone sits and reads every page on their closing statement. Again, that is why you pay lawyers lots of money.

Second, they have been working towards an agreement for months now. The lawyers have been drafting the verbage on talking points that they have already agreed on. There should have been only a few loose ends to look over and then sum it up.

I think D. Smith is a proud man and his time in the spot light has come to an end.

Last thing....what is wrong with meeting tomorrow. Players have better things to do?

Thanks for letting me vent

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I understand you want to see football but these guys are making decisions on things that will affect their entire careers. Asking the players to make a decision on such a large document overnight is a little unrealistic IMO.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

A. Its 10 pages not War and Peace.

B. Roger G. works for, and by the request of, the NFL owners.

C. I thought Granny Davis abstaining was hilarious. Dude just refuses to play nice.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Al Davis is a legend in the NFL
    [​IMG]

I still prefer him hosting Tales From The Crypt though.

[​IMG]

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I loved the HBO series.

That 30 second intro with the fly thru of the house was awsome. Really had me psyched up every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar