The NFL labor agreement thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Bing-o was his name-o! They think the owners are screwing them out of money but their screwing themselves out of all that money. Roughly $250 Million per preseason game amounts to roughly one Billion dollars, how does it make any sense to cancel any more of those games. Oh wait, it doesn't.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

players have never won against the NFL, and they never will.

Strang thing is that there is plenty of football players on the 'street' so another league could be formed. AAFC, AFL, WFL, USFL, XFL & UFL come too mind. No reason these players could not form their own league and instill all the sissified rules they want. Maybe then Gayton and Brady could finally were their game skirts.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

What the hell is going on?

4. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Ditto -

I'm tired of being on "season hold" -
    We don't have our season tickets yet -
    We haven't got out all of our tailgating gear yet -
    We haven't bought any new caps, etc. because of the unknown -

I'm tired of the speculation of it being done any day now. I understand that both sides have issues but looks like they could have moved the ball faster prior to now.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol @ the NFL! Sneaky stuff the owners just pulled! Goodell was in on it. It worked too. The pressure is on the players now! The NFLPA just got owned either way. They accept the owners proposal, they don't get some of what they have demanded, and they're stuck with it for 10 years. Due to the brilliant strategy of the owners the players will shoulder most of blame every day the deal isn't finalized.

[​IMG]

This is about to get real interesting!

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Apparently no one involved understands the concept of a compromise.

That's the only way this deal is going to get done... by compromising.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Players don't get paid for preseason games though. I would love to have preseason cut back to 2 games or even 0 games.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Roger Goodell will never repair his relationship with the players now.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Both Rozelle and Tagliabue will be looked back upon as doing a pretty good job as commissioner but Goodell will not leave a good legacy and his time as commissioner will be looked upon as a failure.Goodell has made many missteps in his limited time running the league and hopefully somewhere down the line he gets the axe.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

The owners are sitting back laughing right now. The players may just give up and vote yes to avoid being the bad guys going forward. Brilliant I tell you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar