The new & improved Jason jones thread!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Comments about our new d-lineman only would be appreciated.

Jones is a great fit in our system. @ 280 he is too small to be a 2 gap guy but his quickness up the field makes him perfect as a DT for us. Had we not drafted him i think he would be a 3-4 DE somewhere.

Only stipulation is what happens without haynesworth because AH makes it possible for guys like brown and jones to be most effective. Having to start brown and jones might leave us undersized.

Great pick and a few years from now when he will be even better. It takes a little time for DTs.

Jones it seems is going to be the player we hoped long would become.

Great pick!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did Tony Brown play? It's nice to see Jones (starting?) in the early rotation at least.

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Tony sat out with a sore shoulder against the Rams I believe. I have high hopes for the second line of mookie and jones coming in to relieve Al and Tony.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Can Mookie play the same position as AH? (Sry, you started this yourself).

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Roll Tide being positive. It's been a while since I've seen that.
    Jason Jones is going to be a good DT for us. I can't wait to see our DL in action this season

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I am really impressed by Jones. Playing at Eastern Michigan and playing that well at the NFL level all ready is something most guys playing at places like LSU or USC aren't able to accomplish. He looked a heck of a lot better than Long for the Rams.

I really think this kid has a chance to be similar to Tommie Harris of the Bears. Quick and athletic but also strong. He holds his own at the point and has the quickness to run down QBs and RBs. Very impressive IMO.

7. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

If you have any talent at all and give a good effort you are going to look good playing next to Haynesworth and KVB.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Oh, by the way how many DTs run a 4.7 40? Jones does.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

He looked good even when Albert and KVB weren't in there.

His long arms are a real weapon in tight against guards and he is certainly string enough that teams can't just run on him.

That was the most impressive debut from a DT I have seen in a long time.

10. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

That comment wasn't an attempt to criticize Jones. I think he looks very promising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar