The Nate Clements Update Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

well I GUESS that is somewhat good news for Pac... but what do I know

maybe this will mean that Finnegan will get a chance to compete with Hill for a starting CB spot

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It would have been really nice to have him, but not at the expense of the future. We are still several pieces away from a Super Bowl run. We've gotta be patient and build this the right way (which means NOT throwing tons of money at one or two players).

Hurts in the short-term, but will be great in the long-term. Unless Pac ruins everything, which he probably will.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We could still go CB in the second round, who could possibly compete with Hill. A trade could happen, who knows, it's way too early to say we know what our secondary will look like.

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Don't be surprised. Remember Reinfeldt is the GM now

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

One of the things that does bug me about this Pac BS is that there's no way we can even consider signing Fred Smoot. Smoot is only a year or two removed from playing great football and given his struggles both on the field and off, he could probably be signed to a low risk incentive laden contract. Because of the off field nightmare that Jones has been there's no chance the Titans could take the PR hit of signing Smoot.

If the Titans did sign Fred, our DB's would have the most kickin' parties in Nashville.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Why are we gun shy? We need him. The thought of him starting with Pacman was great. Now with the possibility of Pacman gone, we need him plus another starter (possibly Fisher?) now!

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

If signed for $23 Mill., that is crazy.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

but i'm sure much of that 23 million will be pro-rated over many years...

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

On the bright side.......Chris Houston ran a 4.32 at the combine. Leon Hall ran a 4.39. One of those guys will be available at #19.

10. vires90

vires90 Guest

Clements signed by San Francisco
    Friday, March 2, 2007 at 07:35:32 PT - Printer-friendly version
    Source: 49erswebzone.com

According to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, free agent Nate Clements has been signed or will soon sign with the San Francisco 49ers. The report comes from Thomas Sorrell, a writer for RealFootball365.

Email from Geoff Hobson:
    Clements is gone to san fran for $23 M to sign - a deal the Bengals could have done if they cut the few guys who do play defense.

If this is true, the 49ers will likely make the announcement later today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar