The Munch Era begins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by emong, Feb 7, 2011.

?
  1. Yes. I think Munch can get it done.

65 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. No. Fisher 2.0 or worse.

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm excited about the new direction. Young or no Young we have a talented team now and a team that can do some damage. If we find a QB and can get a SS who can play right away we've got a shot at winning the division next year.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Aaron Rodgers has a higher average per carry than VY over the last two seasons, and he has more carries each season. Vince is nothing special running the ball at QB.

The only thing you have on Young is man love.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Buds next move will be renaming the team the Tennessee Mikes!

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Read post. Defenses don't spy Rodgers.

You honestly think Rodgers is a better scrambler than Young??

5. 24

24 Starter

How does every thread become about VY?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

in the end they all do

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Nicksmith said VY can't run. While VY is no longer with the team, I don't feel its necessary to bash VY to make it seem like our failure the past few years has been his fault.

So which QB do you think gives us the best shot at a title? Where do you think we need to go on defense?

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

i said he won't run,not that he can't.

Bababooey claimed that Fisher didn't let Vince be what he wanted to be.. I said he (VY) is responsible for his own destiny. As most all of us are. That is all. i don't enjoy arguing about VY. I've been over it, but I'm tired of the "Fisher made VY stop running" stuff. And even if he did, he was attempting to make him a better passer.. It's not like Fisher hated scrambling QB's. He did have one of those his best years here.

VY got hit by a freight train a few times in his career, and got hurt untouched at least once. I believe he saw the writing on the wall that being a passer primarily was his best chance to stay healthy. That is all. Fisher was responsible for the play-calling, but he did not have a factor in what Mr. Don't take No Crap From Anybody was going to do with the ball in his hands when it comes to gametime. Vince is/was/always will be a freelancer, no question. But that freelancing recently did not involve running for significant gains.

either way, VY was not a scrambling QB by the end of his run here regardless of whose fault it is, (blame seems to be pointed in every which direction).

But back on topic:

good luck to Munchak. I'm sure there could have been worse hires... Like a college coach, for one. Munchak is familiar with the game at this level inside and out. An asset. we needed to keep him in some capacity anyway. Much better than a Spurrier-type big name hire.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'm just liking the prospect of Munchak saying he's going to let players take ownership of their job. I feel as though Fisher was on track to make Young an only pocket passer when in an ideal situation the offense would be adapting to help VY run, not adapting to stifle one of his biggest assets early in his career.

10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

whats the overall opinon on dinger being the o-coordinator? personally i have never really been a dinger supporter or fan and im wondering if coach munch will blow it up and literally start all over with a new staff ... im hearing the rumors of promoting from within at d-coord with mcginnis and i belive if they do that then at least go outside the dang organization AT ONE IMPORTANT coaching position and fire dinger and go after an o-coordinator ... since were getting a whole new qb and system anyways why not go outside and change things up on the offense - need a fresh face in there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar