The Mock Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RavensShallBurn, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't want everyone typing up mock drafts. I would personally suck at that because I don't pay enough attention to college football.

Just post any good, in-depth mock drafts you can find... or post what you think we'll do with the #8 pick. I'm interested to see who we have a realistic shot at getting. I am very indecisive when it comes to this draft and drafts, in general, honestly.

The link below seems to be the most well thought out mock draft I've seen so far.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2-1st-round-picks-including-cam-newton#page/1

I really have no idea who Stephen Paea is. I just did some research on him, but I hadn't seen or heard anything about him going this high before.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My Mock Draft
    v1 12/03/10

1. Panthers - Andrew Luck (QB - Stanford)
    Panthers need a legit QB, actually the Panthers need a lot of things. However, you can't win when you’re starting QB finishes the season with a 58.4 QB Rating (Clausen). Even though Jimmy is young, he didn't seem to have much bright side. The Panthers averaged 143.1 pass yards a game, worst in the NFL. They need some major help with their passing attack. The Panthers have to be hoping Luck goes pro, if he doesn’t AJ Green may be heading to Carolina to help Clausen and Steve Smith.

2. Broncos - Nick Fairley (DE/DT - Auburn)
    Fairley is huge, 6'5 300. Broncos need a legit DL, their 3 starting DL only had 3 sacks combined on the year. However, they do run a 3-4, so the OLBs take most the sacks. There starting DL are getting old, 27-34-31. Fairley could start at any position and make a difference. Other possibilities: CB (if Champ doesn't resign).

3. Bills - DaQuan Bowers (DE - Clemson)
    This was hard to choose for me since the Bills can't decide what defensive scheme to use (3-4 or 4-3). Bowers makes sense if they decide on a 4-3, if they stick with 3-4 He would probably have to switch to 3-4 OLB - and since the Bills already tried to switch Maybin to 3-4 OLB and failed the Bills may be scared to try again. Marcel Dareus would be a good pickup if they can’t decide on their defensive scheme.

4. Bengals - AJ Green (WR - Georgia)
    T.O. probably will not be returning & OchoCinco is 32. Green could replace TO and eventually Ocho. Bengals will probably have a new coach next year, the new coach may not want to re-sign Palmer and go in a different direction. But, is Mallet worth the 4th overall pick? Probably not. I also doubt the Bengals take a DE, the only other position really available this early.. they have Dunlap who looks good and Odom & their DTs aren't bad either. Patrick Peterson would be an interesting pick, but with Joseph and Hall he’s not really needed.

5. Cardinals - Ryan Mallett (QB - Arkansas)
    Cardinals need a QB, bad. Cardinals had 4 different QBs play this year, all 4 struggled. They could go after Orton or McNabb or trade for Kolb in the off-season, but I doubt they will. With the 31st worst passing team and worst offense overall the Cardinals need help fast. Mallett makes the most sense for the Cardinals, but is he a reach at #5?

6. Browns - Marcel Dareus (DE/DT - Alabama)
    Dareus is a monster, he could play DE or DT in the 3-4. Browns are in need of DL help, bad. The Browns need tons of front 7 help, Dareus is the best available for them. Plus Shaun Rogers isn’t getting any healthier or younger at 31. Dareus is much needed for the Browns DL.

7. 49ers - Cameron Newton (QB – Auburn)
    Newton is a very exciting QB. He made a name for himself this year… in his first DI true season. The 49ers QBs are horrible; they changed QBs in the middle of a must-win week 16 game. Could Newton be their new coaches franchise QB? Other options: Patrick Peterson

8. Titans - Patrick Peterson (CB – LSU) Peterson is an amazing corner. The Titans secondary struggled this year, along with the rest of the team. If the draft goes like this, it’s a no-brainer to take a corner. Question is: Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara, I’d say we go with Peterson. Not to mention, he could play safety with his 6’1 211 frame. Finnegan-Peterson-Verner-McCourty would make for a solid CB grouping. DT would be nice, Paea is available, but you can’t pass on Amukamara or Peterson (and hey, there’s always Haynesworth )

9. Cowboys – Prince Amukamara (CB – Nebraska)
    Prince is a true shutdown corner. Newman had a good year for the Cowboys, but Jenkins sucked.. bad. Remember the Titans/Cowboys game? Kenny burnt him every time.. and so did every other receiver. Prince would be a great compliment to the Cowboys shaky secondary, team him up with Newman (who’s 32) and they have a good duo. Eventually Prince will replace Newman. Solid pick for the Cowboys to get a legit corner 9th overall.

10. Redskins – Julio Jones (WR – Alabama)
    The Redskins are likely to release McNabb this off-season, which means they probably need a QB. However, Jake Locker should not be a Top10 pick IMO. Grossman played decent closing the season for the Redskins, ‘Skins may wait to the later rounds for a QB (Locker, Ponder, Devlin). Santana Moss is 31 and a free agents. Anthony Armstrong played decent this year, but after Moss and Armstrong there is nobody. Moss and Armstrong are both under 5’11, Julio coming in at 6’4 would make for a nice WR core.

11. Texans – Brandon Harris (CB – U of Miami)
    The Texans had the worst passing defense in the league this year, and almost in history. They would of loved Prince or Peterson, but there both gone. Next in line in the CB position: Brandon Harris. Harris is extremely athletic and would pair well with 2010 1st round Kareem Jackson.

12. Vikings – Derek Sherrod (OT – Miss. St)
    Vikings LT is getting old and worse fast. The entire Vikings OL struggled this year, Sherrod is a big boy (which the Vikes like) at 6’6 305. Vikings will probably take an OL with this pick, the big question is who? Currently Sherrod is the #1 OL prospect, but Castonzo, Caarimi, and Wisniewski (C/G) aren’t far behind. Whoever is the most impressive during the combine/pro day will probably land this pick. No QB because I believe McNabb will be on the Vikings.

13. Lions – Janoris Jenkins (CB – Florida)
    Congratulations Lions, you finished on a 4 game win streak.. and screwed yourself from landing Amukamara or Peterson. Lions need a CB very bad, wish Vasher and Houston aren’t anything close to good. Jenkins is a solid corner, but a huge reach at #13. They should consider trading down to about 20+, where Jenkins will still be available to get there guy plus extra assets. LB may be a possibility for the Lions are well.

14. Rams – Akeem Ayers (OLB – UCLA)
    The Rams need help in two positions: LB and WR. The prize WRs Julio Jones and AJ Green are gone.. Blackmon is an option. But, the Rams need a bigger receiver. They all ready have a team filed with average size/speedy receivers, which is what Blackmon is. I think the Rams will wait until the 2nd round, and take Jonathan Baldwin a monster 6’5 230 (or Michael Floyd). Akeem Ayers is the best 43 LB in the draft and would be huge upgrade from Diggs, Vobora, Chamberlin, Grant, Kehl, or one of the other horrible OLBs for the Rams. Other possibility: DE or Blackmon

15. Dolphins – Mark Ingram (RB – Alabama)
    Ricky Williams has stated he will retire and Ronnie Brown is a free-agent. Even if Ronnie is re-signed, the ‘Fins love their RB duo. Ingram is obviously the best RB in this draft. Dolphins could also go for a falling QB, since Henne is struggling (Mallett or Locker). Mark Ingram would be a great fit for the Dolphins.

16. Jaguars – Justin Blackmon (WR – Oklahoma St)
    Sims-Walkers is a free agent, and I don’t think he’ll be getting re-signed. Now, the Jaguars are in a dire need of a #2 WR. Blackmon, who won the award for best WR in college this year is still available. Blackmon would be a solid option for the Jags to fill Sims-Walkers void. Other options: Safety (although Greene played well, FS is an issue though – No FS worth the 16th pick this year), OL, and possibly DE depth.

17. Patriots (f/ Oak) – Adrian Clayborn (DE/DT – Iowa)
    How the Patriots get two first rounds is beyond me. More than likely they’ll trade this pick and turn it into two 1st rounds next year. But if they did draft someone, my bet is on the front 7.. but who. Clayborn, Von Miller, Paea, and Robert Quinn are all still available). Clayborn would be able to play DE or DT for the Patriots, yes he does have character problems.. but the Patriots don’t worry about that.

18. Chargers – Von Miller (OLB – Texas A&M)
    Von Miller played 3-4 OLB at Texas A&M and did amazing, in fact he won the award for best LB in college this year. He would be a great pass rushing threat and would fill the void that Merriman left and that Larry English couldn’t fill. Von Miller is a pass-rushing monster and could easily have a 10+ sack rookie season.

19. Giants - Stefen Wisniewski (G/C – Penn State)
    Giants take need over best available here. There’s some solid DL available like Cameron Jordan, Ryan Kerrigan, Paea, and Robert Quinn but the Giants already have good depth. However, there LG spot is weak, Chris Snee (RG) struggled this year, and O’Hara is 33 and 2011 will be the last year on his contact. Wisniewski is the best interior linemen in this draft. He could play in any interior o-lineman spot and even replace O’Hara next year.

20. Buccaneers – Robert Quinn (DE – UNC)
    Bucs get a solid DE this late in the draft, he was suspended this year but still a very talented DE. The Bucs DEs were the weak-point to their Defense, their best DE was Stylez White with 4.5 sacks. The Bucs would have a young DL considering they drafted two DTs last year. Buccanneers could also use a safety and it wouldn’t surprise me if they reached on one.

3. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Nice idea, keep it all in one place. I reckon this should probably live in the 'NFL Draft' forum though. :)

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I while I wouldn't choose Paea over Prince the dude can dominates in the interior line. If we were to grab him I think Washburn would proceed to mold him into a player that could anchor our DLine for years to come.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Can't go wrong with a Samoan..

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No way Peterson drops to us.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

xpmar, I've already seen your mock in your thread lol.

9. 24

24 Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar