The matchup: Who has the edge?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Breaking down the ravens pass rush.

The top 5 down linemen rotation for the ravens have just 7 sacks. That's all. Only trevor price with 4 sacks is any threat to get to the QB. You add suggs and you still just have 15 sacks. Add jarrett from the other side and you still just have 20. 20 sacks from all down linemen and starting OLBS!

If they send 4 we will block them. If roos can handle suggs who basically is a DE in passsing situations they can't put pressure on our QB.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Dont forget about pro bowl players ........Edge Titans;)

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Very much like the Steelers... they need to blitz to get pressure, and they rely on a solid secondary to minimize the risk. Which is why Scaife had a good game against them last time - you blitz a veteran like Collins and he's going to find his TE if he's not comfortable with his deeper routes.

Ravens say this time they'll pay more attention to Scaife, which will either leave them singling Gage or CJ. My guess is they will have a spy on CJ, so Gage will be the burner this time.

This is why they have had such an up and down year. They'll limit one team to 9 points and give up 30 the next week. It's "impressive" when it works on lesser offenses, or teams that are pressing (see Miami) - but the Titans offense is built on playing the percentages, staying safe until the D gets overly aggressive and then you burn them.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Plus we have the edge on ST:

KR: Titans 25.4 (1st), Ravens 20.1 (31st)
    PR: Titans 9.7 (14th), Ravens 8.6 (18th)
    FGM %: Titans 88% (11th), Ravens 80% (24th)
    Net Punt yards: Titans 36.5 (21st), Ravens 39.9 (5th)
    TB %: Titans 25.9 (5th), Ravens 9.3 (27th)

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Likewise, RT. Thanks.

I agree about the vets as well. I believe our "core" is just farther along, and I feel that is one of thsoe intangibles the pundits fail to consider when handing out their prognoses.

I like Crumpler in this game, I forgot to mention. I expect to see Scaife used to draw Ed Reed's attention on mid-deep routes with Crumpler getting action underneath.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

does anyone think that coming off a bye and the Ravens having a short week is an advantage? According to Trey Wingo, Mike Golic, Floyd Reese and Merril Hodge that's a HUGE disadvantage for the Titans and the reason they will lose by 3 or more scores.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd say it could be if this team was sleeping, which I don't believe it is. I think the Ravens and media are going to have one of those "O sh**" moments when they see how prepared Jeff has this team. Offensively, this is going to be the game if anything was held back during the season, if we need it, we'll see it tomorrow. Chris Johnson out wide or in the slot to draw coverage anyone?

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Depends how rusty we look in the first half.

No, I don't actually think that will matter in this game. But I won't deny it as a possibility.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't give much credit to Reese. He's spending most of his on air time pandering for ANY front office job.

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I think if anything its an advantage for Tennessee Bipolar. Alot of people arent mentioning this because they think the Ravens are inferior and part machines,but Baltimore has played 16 games in a row. Their bye week came in week 2 of the season. Now they may not have any injuries but i can assure that their bodies are beat up. Of course their not going to say that but lets be realistic, this sport can definitely do a toll on your body, espically playing that many games in a row and coming off a short week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar