The Mario Williams Support Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I'm all for a pass rusher, but i don't agree with signing Mario for that much, nope not the slightest bit. the annual numbers i'm seeing here of 17M, 15M, etc...crazy talk

as a GM, i would never give an annual $10M+ deal to some1 coming off a bad ACL injury. and in mario's case it will be somewhere north of 15M (and for 4/5 years min)

I'm a fan of the NY style, just constantly bringing in talent through the draft. Sure they hit it big (Osi, JPP, Tuck), but b/c they are young and doing well, they are willing to negotiate to keep the team together. Maybe it won't be that way forever, but still, i've seen it many times before (even with us back when we were 'cap strapped') and NY is just the most recent example.

Also, this goes especially for today's NFL, where early draft picks are cheap. before scouts were looking for the 'best' player with regards to a 'sure bet' so to speak because he'd get a pretty good deal (1st rounders).

i think in this years draft and in future ones as well the trend will continue going after those 'x-factor' gambles...

I've digressed, back to our D-line. Don't get me wrong, by all means pay a lot to linemen, but spread over effective players rather than a single guy (and in this case, with an injury history).

Please note that this post is not me saying we don't need to add an impact D-line player during FA, we def need to (even a DT, watever).

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Mario Williams tore his pectoral muscle not his acl :sad2:

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

He didn't tear an ACL...

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

damn it....

i really thought it was ACL and was actually too lazy to google it...and i was blit yesterday night when i was posting.

anyway, still doesnt change my overall perspective. focus on the other parts i guess...

for shame.....

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Depending on what Nick Perry does at the combine, I may just be ready to forget all about trying to land Mario.

6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

This draft is gonna be a ton of fun to watch. I have no clue where we are going go with our 1st

7. pettso

pettso Starter

Drafting and impact DEs is like playing the lottery, Nick Perry has almost no chance of being as good as Mario in the NFL. Granted, he won't make anywhere near as much money as Mario, I thought we wanted a difference maker on defense?

8. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Watching the combine when Perry was running his drills Warren Sapp mentioned that Perry was a good fit over the right tackle in a 4-3 defense,or a left D.E. spot.I think that is where morgan plays unless we make some changes in the offseason.

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Morgan is a RDE.

Mario is a LDE, and the best in the league.
    We are gonna get him, I just have a feeling.

We have a very good team,Britt and CJ will be healthy, Mario and FA C, along with a solid draft can take us deep into the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree. I'm thinking that our FO is downplaying any interest or any notion that we will break the bank to get him but I think they secretly know that he will be the type of player that will take our defense where it wants to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar