The latest comments from Whisenhunt on Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I don't think that going into a new offensive system will hurt Jake like many people say it will. 1st of all, his old offensive systems were terrible (under Palmer and Loggains). So IMO a change at this point can only make things better.

Now, Jake might be "behind" were he should be since he has had to go through a few offensive OCs (of course the best case scenario is to have 1 GOOD OC for several years so you get comfortable), but any rookie coming in will also be trying to learn a new system. So Jake will have the advantage of at least having played against/studying real NFL defenses and adjusting to the speed of the game.

People act like changing OCs often will stunt his "growth" as a QB, but I don't buy that. Jake has a brain and can learn a new system just like anyone else can. The only thing changing OCs has done is delay his development, but it wont stunt it. Even being delayed, he is still ahead of any rookie. I am optimistic about Jake this year. I still think he can be the guy under the right coaching staff.

All I was saying was that if they do draft a QB, then patience for Jake to stay healthy will be short lived. As long as he stays healthy, I think Jake will get the job

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

And returning 4 of his 5 linemen will help

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

This a very rose colored glasses view. Jake is learning another new offense going into his contract year which doesn't bode well for him. Is this offense QB friendlier than his past offenses sure but it still is a whole new learning process. Just because he has had a bunch of O coordinators doesn't mean he picks up new offenses like a savant now. He has to forget and relearn everything Whiz's way. The he's ready to work and prove he is the right guy is a feel good statement. Jake is known for being a hard worker but guess what goes out the window the minute he gets two hand touched, all that hard work. Hard work is essential but some things can not be taught.

I'm not optimistic about Jake cause even if he survives this season his long term durability will always be a concern. Having to hold your breath every time he takes a hit is absolutely no fun. You can't build around a guy that fragile, it handicaps everyone.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. 615nick

615nick Starter

This is why imo, although not a very popular one, we have to cut ties with him. Even IF he does play all 16 games (if he does we'll be in the playoffs), his still is very prone to injury. It's very risky having a guy like this being your full time starter. I wouldn't mind at all having him as a backup, Idt it will happen though

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

so, jakes 3rd offseason on a terrible team with terrible coaches.......finally gets a good supporting cast, takes us to the playoffs....and you toss him? Lol. If all that happens, he stays and stays the starter.

6. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

that's the part I wanted to high five. I think Petty should have came out this year, but thank god he didn't because by next year we will undoubtedly either need a QB, or not need one. We won't be on the fence about it. I hope we are in a high enough position if we need a QB to be able to get him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I don't mind drafting a QB. However, I feel slightly differently than most...QB is one of the few positions on an NFL team where you really need difference making talent (at least in today's NFL). Even though that may be a glaring need, I certainly wouldn't draft one just because we need one. Honestly, if we are building a solid base (which we all know we are rebuilding), I'll be totals on board with us drafting players that fill other holes on the team and drafting a QB next year or even the year after that if it came to it.

My point is if we don't see a QB in this years draft who can take our team to the next level, its a wasted pick. I'd rather not use it, draft a player who can help this team now and have a rock solid team in place by the time we find our QB of the future. This is very similar to what Seattle did. By the time they went after RW in the third round, he walked onto a team that was pretty solid. This allowed them to cover up some of his flaws his first & second year as he didn't have to try and be a Brady, Manning (Peyton), Brees, or a Rodgers. All he had to do is not screw it up. This truly allowed him to shine because they aren't asking him to make 20 plays a game. They rely on him to make a consistent 3-4 solid plays a game. It just happens that those plays often win them games.

8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Fixed that for you! lol

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

everyone has a bad game....so peyton never had a game like that? brady? Elway?unitas?young? (as in VY10)

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

you really think Jake is going to take us to the playoffs? Kudos to you for being positive but I am trying to be realistic here and first he needs to get this team to a .500 average through mid season before worrying about playoffs. He played well before in the injury but too bad that only lasted to week 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar