The last two seasons...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How many games have we won without Vince starting?

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

1 vs Philly I believe

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Whoever is on 104.5 the zone at 7:30am was commenting, "if the question is keep fisher OR keep vince, obviously you keep fisher. Who would keep Vince?"

Now I want them both gone, but given a choice, I say vince everytime. Why keep a coach that can only win 1 game in 2 years without Vince? (there have been several opportunities to do otherwise)

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Vince Young > Jeff Fisher

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

That would be Kuharsky, on 104.5

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Vince Vaughn > Jeff Fisher

I actually don't really get it... in the past 2 seasons we've seen Jekyll/Hyde transformations of this team. It's not like VY is Peyton Manning. It's not his play, although he's played decently well this season. I get that he's likable, the players generally seem to like him. But why does his absence seem to flip a stupid switch on this locker room?

It's hard to deny there is something going on with the stark difference in W-L with him in. Just odd.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think I've got these numbers right. In the past 2 seasons we are 13-15:

Young: 11-3
    Collins: 1-7
    Smith: 0-1
    Both*: 1-4

Both being the 5 games where both Young and Collins played significant snaps (all this year - I counted the NE and IND games last year as Collins, though VY had I think a few snaps in those), regardless of the starter: PIT-L, JAX-W, WAS-L, SD-L, MIA-L.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm right there with you. Prefer both to be gone but if it's one or the other I'll take Vince. ONLY because next year is the final year of his contract. We could see how he meshes with the new HC and then decide whether to re-sign him or cut ties.

I know Fisher would be in the final year of his contract as well. But I'm convinced having a new QB would only serve as yet another excuse for a disappointing season and he'd no doubt get another extension.

We're talking one more year of Vince versus several more of Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

Its the leadership he brings to the table:lol:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This is how I feel. Fisher has had more than enough chances to prove what he can do. But if they are both gone I'm ok with it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar