The Jets haven't allowed an offensive TD yet.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This stat will remain true until Sunday. And that's the day it'll also end. We wont hear our guys talking much after they came out completely flat this week, but I bet the Jets do no talking either. After-all, no one truly cared if they backed it up this week. There was nothing to lose. Either you get lucky and beat the Patriots, or you lose like most...and no one notices, no matter how much you hyped yourself up. So I'm talking for our squad.

I believe we received a wake-up call. I believe we had no problems losing to Pittsburgh, but a loss to the Texans? That's enough to wake anyone up. I believe the Patriots simply aren't good with a QB that's afraid to drop back and a defense that lost almost every good starter it had. I believe the Jets ignored this. I believe... the Jets at 2-0 are already overrated. And I have no doubts about it.

This same team pretended last year, and we were caught off-guard during their role-playing. I'm not expecting it to happen again. It's time for the contenders to return to their status and the pretenders fizzle out and resume being irrelevant. Why not start this week?

2 losses never kept a team out of the playoffs. Mark Sanchez is a dead man.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

The jets haven't seen CJ. Bounce Back is once again the big phrase in Tennessee. Hopefully we do.

3. onthemove

onthemove Guest

Preach it, Gloat.

With their "hot" start, next Sunday is the best time to punch them right in the mouth. This is when I don't give two :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:s about our start or their numbers.

Being 0-2 means there's no more room for meaningless what ifs, hopefullys, and maybes. I think the players have taken enough crap, even from us fans.

If we can stop the run, then we can also challenge the wideouts and just play football. No more 10 yard cushions!

Once again, the media will pretend they never noticed the Jets after this game is over.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Lendale White could be huge this Sunday. If Chris Johnson starts killin the Jets D, Rex Ryan has ways of dealing with that. I'm sure we are all aware of that. There is no Andre Johnson on the jets, Mark Sanchez is a rookie, and Nobody runs on us! If we can pound the ball against that 3-4 with Lendale, and beat the blitz with screens, and draw plays to Johnson (until he is "neutralized") we can have a great deal of success against that D. Believe that!

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I am pretty confident we will score an offensive touchdown but if we were counting on our defense to do it then we would be in trouble. We must get a win Sunday!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd say this game sets the tone for the rest of the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Jeff I agree. With all that being said, I am worried. I think we can turn it around, but the jets are going to be ready.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

:hmm:

Did I motivate somebody last night?

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It certainly will if we don't win. :hmm:

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

How many times do I have to say this...
    The playoff game against Balti last year should have been the freakin wake up call. :irked:
    We should not have lost to Pittsburgh. Period. Nor should we have lost to Houston. Neither team beat us. We beat ourselves.
    I cannot have respect for this team when they beat themselves like this.
    Additionally, this team does not deserve any...ANY national respect until we can pull out last minute wins like that. Nor does any member on here have the right to b!tch and whine about the lack of respect that we get.

Why not start on September 10?

Only if we magically start successfully pressuring the QB, unlike our previous 3 games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar