The Jeff Fisher Show

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because practice goes on three or four days a week, the grass wouldnt be able to take that pounding.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

two cleats are a usual thing for kickers. not all of them do it, but a lot of them do. their plant foot is your typical football cleat while their kicking foot is more like a soccer cleat.

and to the colts complaining about changing cleats, that's allowed. players switch spike length all the time in the middle of a game if they feel one gives them better footing.

i remember the jags game last year in nashville when everyone was falling and slipping, the annoucners kept saying "you've gotta wonder if these guys are going to change their spikes to 5/8..."

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

do you have any other info about that, maybe a link or something? I'd really like to know what that is all about. Is that even a legitimate complaint? What if Bironas wanted to kick without a shoe? They have a problem with that too?

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Just something I remember hearing in all the post game fodder. It really doesn't matter, I am sure his cleats were legal. The only rule I know about them is the length of the cleat, which I believe the maximum length can be 3/4". You have to remember the "high priced" Vinateri missed a 53 yarder from the same direction, it doesn't look good when an undrafted Arena player drills a 60 yarder to win.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Check out UniWatch on Page 2 of espn.com. They keep a close watch on this stuff, and I think they had an article on shoes sometime this season...

6. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Floyd Reese said the same thing on his radio show with Plaster. He stated that the field turf stuff would be the last resort, as he really wanted to explore every idea to make natural grass work.

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Either Dungy or Bill Polian called the cleat change a "home field advantage" issue, in their words. I did not see it as a complaint as much a general statement. Fault the Colts and Adam V. for not bringing more than one pair of cleats, or one length of studs, to the game, if that is the case.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

And it sucks that our players play on that slop the most. There will be a lot of *****ing if something bad happens.

I couldn't care less if it's more romantic to play football on grass.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Speaking of Polian, Chris Stout said he was in the press box next to him, and everytime Vince would run for a first down he could hear Polian slam his fist down on the table. Priceless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar