The Jeff Fisher Show

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Some hilights from the show tonight.

Fisher diagrammed up the Colts final play, and it was a carbon copy of the MCM. We actually didn't play it very well, they had a nice wall set up, but Finnegan got down there so fast the receiver didn't have a chance to make a move upfield.

Chris Stout asked Fisher about his contract. He said again that will come at the end of the season. Stout asked him if were offered an extension would he take it? Fisher replied of course, I am happy in Nashville and love the Titans.

John McClain showed up of course, and the verbal battle was a riot. Fisher was downplaying the Texans, saying it was just another game. McClain said this was the SuperBowl for both teams. Fisher said Vince is staying focused, it's just a job, blah, blah. McClain said there will be hundreds of #10 jerseys in the stands, and of the 71,000 in attendance, 40,000 will be cheering for Vince. Fisher just shook his head. Fisher then asked how the weather was, and if the roof would be open....McClain said it will be the opposite of whatever YOU want....lol.

2. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Texas fans and Houstonians who watched Vince in high school have had this game circled since April. The Texans have not been around long enough to develop loyal, diehard fans. It will probably be the worst home field advantage in the history of the NFL.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

I can see it now....the Texans' announcer saying over the P.A., "Texans fans....please DO NOT cheer for the visiting Titans. Thank you."

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I see Fisher coaching the Titans until his mid 80s..

You can tell he's been adopted by Bud Adams and doesn't mind an *** whopping every once in a while by Bud's threats...

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Oh yeah, Fisher said one other thing. He likes natural grass, and we are not getting field turf.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

did he make any other comments on turf management?

we can not continue to play on such a shreaded surface.

did he even acknowledge that there is a problem?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the problem isnt the grass or the management itself. the problem is the college team playing on it on saturdays. now that the college season is over it should improve a little bit.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yeah, I understand that.
    Something needs to be done about TSU.
    Other pro teams don't have this kind of issue to deal with.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He said the field is being resodded as we speak. No, he never acknowledged a problem. He said they practice on field turf, and it's OK, but football was meant to be played on grass. This is one time I really think he is wrong. The only reason I can suspect is that is does slow down really fast backs, and negates their speed.

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

yes they do...............ask the pittsburgh steelers..............Pitt plays at heinz and it shows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar