The Jason Jones Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The info I'm going off of is in one of his earlier press conferences. I tried getting the link for you to the video on titansonline.com, but my computer froze both times when I tried copying the source. But it's absolutely there if you have the time to dig it up.

From the few minutes I re-watched, I can say, Griffin is history. He does NOTHING Jerry Gray talked about in his press conference from last February.

Also from that video, you can get a sense of why Robertson was fired. Seems like our secondary coached themselves.

As for what to do with Morgan. Move him to OLB in the 3-4.

I'm not saying we're going to take on the look of a 3-4 in 2012, but I can tell you it really does seem like we'll adopt a lot of principles from the 3-4. I mean we're already sending our DE's out into the flats to cover RB's occasionally.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Derrick Morgan is our Best DLineman and had the most QB pressures coming off a torn ACL and no training camp. Not bad, I would definitely not call him a bust but the injury really hurt him, he'll be much better next year.

Jones, don't pay much, he can't stay healthy and brings no pressure off the edge. I can think of 50 other guys(Pannel Egboh) that can stand up the tackle or TE just to set the edge if that's really all you want.......because that's all you get from JJ.

3. JCBRAVE

I was a little surprised Pannel Egboh couldn't make our active roster, looked good in the summer.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

okay lets get this straight first....casey was our best d lineman so your talking crazy right off the get go....

5. JCBRAVE

No! I say Klug was our best D Linemen, and he didn't start but 1 game.

I think Jones is good, think Morgan is good, think Klug & Casey are good, even Ball is good now. All the rest can kick rocks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What i recall from off season interviews with Munch and Grey was that they were willing to incorporate some 3-4 looks but they never said they would completely go to that system. Grey said he wants to be versatile enough to use a lot of different looks.

Hell we did that in the past by standing up one of DEs. We did it with Odom when he was here and we did it with Ford in 2010. That's still not a 3-4.

Not once all year did we ever go to a true 3-4 type front with Jones and Morgan standing up with 2 inside backers. If that was a plan we didn't see any of it. Wouldn't that have been a good idea to try Morgan and Jones standing up to see how feasible it might be?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's 5 guys you named as "good". They are not going to get rid of Marks who has one year left in his contract. So basically go with the same guys. Improve in other areas. Let Clayton get a shot at the rotation. Replace Hayes with a draft pick with pass rushing potential.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Can't play DE and has almost no pass rush moves.

Constantly gets hurt while playing DT.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's really hard to see him back as a Titan. Some team will look at him, see his tantalizing potential and give him way too much money. The Titans have seen the potential but also all the downside that comes with him and should realize it's time to let him walk away.

With Morgan back healthy and a first rounder at the other end spot (I'm still convinced that's the direction the Titans go in the draft), Jones is expendable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar