The Jason Jones Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

No way we sign Mario

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He's a pressure guy not a big run stopping force. Honestly, he does not fit the scheme anymore and the numbers are against him... Klug already has the penetrating DT position... Casey is playing the DT and we still need the big nt type beside Casey... Smith isn't it... So where does he fit?

He don't.

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

neither does morgan because he is a bust...klug and casey could play at dt together with smith and jones rotating....but we have no de at all....and ill believe that until morgan shows me anything different...

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Why not put Klug and Jones together on passing downs and Casey and _______ in on running situations??

And don't get it twisted, Klug and Jones aren't useless against the run. I've seen both of them make plays in the backfield on running plays and hold up against the run. Just because they don't have the size doesn't mean their useless against the run. If you really watch their positions closely you'll see that Smith and Marks have gotten pushed around quite a bit and Klug has made plays in the run game.

We need DT depth. Jones provides that. We don't need to let another solid Titan hit the road.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let's see the quote. Post the link.

We have just 2 good linebackers, Ayers and McCarthy. Witherspoon was nonexistent against the run. Ayers did not establish himself at all as a pass rusher. We ran a lot of zone blitzes this year so he had opportunities but only had 2 sacks. Who would be our 4 linebackers?

What do you do with Morgan in a 3-4? Move him to OLB? You know he would be wasted playing the 3 technique in a 3-4 as an end.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's interesting that we were supposed to be getting bigger up front yet 2 of the 3 Dts we drafted were under 300 lbs. Clayton barely under that but with a body type that suggests he can't get bigger.

I think JC makes a good point about Jones getting better at DE with experience and maybe he was thinking too much.

I would be willing to come back with most of the same D-linemen we had this year. If we can improve at a few other spots we can do fine.

Get another solid run stopping linebacker and a real SS.

As far as Marks is concerned i think he was a little better in this defense than playing a one gap technique. He is just 24 and next season is a contract year for him and he only makes $500k. Makes no sense not to have him back in the mix fighting for a roster spot.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If Jones isn't asking huge money I say we bring him back, he's shown promise before and at this point we need anything we can get on the Dline. But in the same respect if resigning him requires so much money that we are neglecting another position, or improving the Dline in another way than **** that.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Sucks it all you want, but I don't think jones wants to play DE and hes hurt now cuz we screwed him on a contract year. He probably asks for some stupid $ and he goes else where. Gray wants the big NT. I'll be surprised if we retain Jones.

Oh and btw we did use JJ in the DT spot some, we rotated him just about everywhere.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Jason Jones has been the best DT we've had since Fat Albert left. I don't think he's fast enough as a DE but very quick as a DT. Casey has played great and so has Klug but I think we should move Klug to DE and Jones back to DT.

Sign or draft a bigger body run stuffer to rotate with Jones and Casey. Smith was big but mostly just fat.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm w/ JCBRAVE. Go after Mario. Not sure on the Texans salary for 2012-2013, but I do know that Arian Foster is a FA. That will cost them some $$$.

Mario did have 5 sacks in 5 games in the 3-4. But Baldwin and Reed filled Marios spot (for much cheaper). Its really up to the Texans if they want to use $22M on 1 player, or use it on multiple players.

I would LOVE Mario on this team, if we have the money SPEND it. Please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar