Smack The Jaguars Suck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Bingo! I don't know why some people, even some Jags fans, seem to think that Coughlin will "fix" things on the personnel side.

When he was in Jacksonville the first time, he did a good job as coach. Then when he asked for, and got, more control on the personnel side, things went south and he got run out of town. Now he's back in a position where he will have little input on the coaching side of things but lots of input on personnel, where he failed before.

Also, if you look at Coughlin's time in NY, he was strictly coaching.. all of the personnel decisions were made by Jerry Reese.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Branden Albert is an upgrade over Luke Joeckel and Cam Robinson will probably start at G. Albert isn't anything special at this point in his career, but he is at least a functional LT.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No doubt an upgrade...That said, Albert hasn't played a full season in over 5 years...They have little depth on the OL. Cam Robinson looks solid, but he's a rookie..We all know that can go either way. Thank god we ended up on the better end of that luck/assessment.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Exactly! Coughlin had a pretty solid Giants team and couldn't get it done. They had a solid offseason, but they will have cap trouble in a few years, and I'm not sold on Bortles at all. I liked the Fournette pickup as well, that should help Bortles...I guess I'm just so used to hearing this same pitch for them every year, and each time they end up below average/all hype. Then you look at our own fans smashing on us, while we are building the right way...and it's frustrating as hell. I stand by my opinion that Titans and Texans run this division this year...No questions asked. So long as they stay relatively healthy.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Really?

So you've gone out on a limb with a statement like that?

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Well if you scroll up and see the amount of people disagreeing with my lack of "trust" in the Jaguars, you would understand. It's only going out on a limb because I said it last year (few agreed) I say it this year, and everyone is nut swinging from the Jags. I stand behind my statements

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't understand what the point of kicking a bad team who beat the crap out of us for the playoffs is?

Yes, the Jags are a poorly run franchise. So were the Titans up until last year. They still beat us being a terrible, terrible team in the most important game Tennessee has had in 8 years.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No doubt. I agree it's a bad loss. We need to get over that hump...but nobody mentions how we split with them and whooped their asses too. Welcome to the NFL. Divisional games are almost always tough. It happens. We were bad indeed...but we legit went from 3-13 to 9-7 with less talent on paper. We did it the right way. That is why I stand by my squad and could give 2 craps about the hype of a Jags team. Every damn year I come to this site, people are obsessed with the Jags etc..and EVERY damn year they fail....It's ridiculous lol. The Jags can blow me. Call me a homer or whatever, but I guarantee they aren't at the top of this division. Who wants to bet me?

9. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

The week leading up to the game my brother (he's a cowpoke fan) was saying that the jags game is a "trap" game because of the texans game coming up the following week. He's a betting man and said the game reminded him of the steelers at eagles game earlier in the season.

My response was " We are not there yet to be having Trap games"...
    Man that whole week sucked.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I have heard ZERO people say that they will be/should be at the top of the division. I'm fairly certain most people here just want us to beat the Jags 2 times, that's it.

Some people also think that some of the moves the Jags make are reasonable and they do so to make their team better, what's to hate about that? Their problem has been coaching/implementation. Sounds like the Titans from '10-16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar