The issues of the Titans and Colts in 2009

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by magoo, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Colts struggled to run the football last season and I think it was a major reason why they didn't go deeper into the playoffs. As long as they have Manning healthy, they always have a solid shot at another playoff run.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Peyton can do more with an average set of receivers than an average QB can with a stellar set of receivers.

Until he takes off the pads he is still a dangerous QB to face on any day.

3. magoo

magoo Camp Fodder

So i suppose no one here sees the Titans winning the division in 09? Interesting...

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I guess you forgot a few seasons ago when Dungy and Manning were chastised by the officials for trying to snap the ball when the defense was subbing their players. Manning/Dungy would sub their players (which means the d can sub theirs legally too), but Manning was getting his subs out quickly, then snapping the ball before the d could get back on the field.
    Yeah, really fair. :rolleyes:
    Why does a perennial pro bowl QB need to resort to scheisty tactics like that?

Cuck the Folts

I can easily see them winning the division. That 13-3 run we had last season IMO, will give the returning starters the confidence they need to juggernaut through this season too.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

6. onthemove

onthemove Guest

6-10 sounds about right. They're losing their staff and players and giving Manning even less to work with, and he's only getting older. This year's standings will read as follows:

Titans
    Texans
    Jags
    Colts (tied for 3rd)

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ha! You called the 13-3 after the 10-0 part... That kind of ruins it. You also qualified it with "at worst."

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

It was at worst. It was right. I didn't want to be right. I wished I was wrong and they finished 6-0 in the last 6 games and not 3-3.

9. magoo

magoo Camp Fodder

I am going to say 11 games maybe 10 games with the division this year!

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it would be pretty hard to win the division with 10. I think we could have three teams win ten games in the division.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar