The Iphone, you got?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

While we're on this topic, I figured I would ask, whenever I try to download a new app, I get an error message that says:

"Your account is only valid for purchases in the US iTunes store."

Also, I cannot start any of my apps. It loads the front page, and then won't load anything after that. Anyone know anything about either of these problems?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The iphone actually looks cool, due to the tons of applications, but I doubt it's worth the crappy service that comes along with it in AT&T.
    I just renewed my contract with verizon, even though I was hesitant. But after asking just a few AT&T users, they warned me to stay where I'm at...as they regret their mistake.

Plus, I got the HTC Touch for 99 bucks. Does every/anything I'd ever want the iphone for except the silly little time-waster games. Never have been a fan of cell phone games though.
    [​IMG]

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Years ago ATT service was bad. I went with Verizon and it was better but not great by any means. ATT now is actually the better service I've had..

4. Deuce Wayne

I'm sure the network is almost always based on location. Around here (1hr south of nashville), EVERYONE has verizon and the few that don't are usually those like myself that become frustrated with the service without realizing the fees with all are crap.

But att users here have a lot of trouble with dropped calls. Something I've never experienced.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I never have any dropped calls. But isnt bad service a thing of the past? I mean, dont all services have free roaming anyways? So if Verizon is good here and ATT sucked, wouldn't I just be able to use Verizon towers?

I used to have sprint and I had to use the free roaming where I live or I would never get service. Now I have ATT and it is outstanding. I have heard good things about Verizon though.

Gloat - your phone is "cute"......... :)

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Well guys, My Wife did not want to switch to AT&T. she looked at the coverage maps and said she felt better with Verizon. So i had to switch to Plan B and i ordered the LG Dare from Verizon.

It doesnt have all the Cool Apps that the Iphone does. But it does have Full Web Browsing and from what ive read it has the best Camera/Recorder you can get on any Cell Phone. It does have better Battery life than the Iphone so thats a +.

Plus with the new phone and switching to the Nation Wide plan, our bill is going to be the same as the old plan. Unlimited Internet on the Dare is only $15 per month compared to Iphones $30. And can be turned off anytime unlike with the Iphone.

I hope i like it! should be here tuesday! Maybe after this contract is up there with be a new Iphone and AT&T can get better coverage.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The man has an Iphone and he loves it. I'm a fan of the Blackberry, so I'm going to try the BlackBerry Storm when T-mobile is done pimping me. The Iphone is quicker and it's easier to navigate, internet wise. It's got a lot of gadgets that guys love, but I can do without them!

8. Deuce Wayne

Blackberry Storm is terrible, by reviews. That's what I figured I'd upgrade to from my Curve. But after reading user-reviews, I shut that one down quickly.

LG Dare scared me because the one I had started having touchscreen problems within 2 weeks. Otherwise it was the one I wanted of the 3 I had narrowed it down to.

Avvie- thanks. It's pretty. Figure it matches my italian'esque style. White wallet, white shoes, white phone.
    Just DL'd Pandora for it. So it's complete.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Gloat----this is Ammo...but I know what ya meant...!

10. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I have Verizon also and wanted the iphone but I talk with a lot of people that also have Verizon so I chose to stay with Verizon for the free in network calls. So I ended up just getting the LG Dare which is touchscreen and has 3G network. It is really fast but there are a few sites that has contents I can't view. I can watch youtube videos and go onto gotitans.com and view the pages in full. It's great to have when in doctor office waiting rooms, daughters gymnastics, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar