The Iphone, you got?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Any of you dudes got the Apple Iphone 3G?

in March were are switching from Verizon to AT&T, im going to get the Iphone and my wife is going to get a Black Berry Pearl.

The main reason i want the Iphone is the games,HDD and the Internet. I dont really use phones for talking i average about 20 minutes per month. Just wondering if you have used the Internet on the Iphone?, they said it was a full HTML web browser. is 3 G really fast?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I have the 3G.. The Iphone Safari browser is great but will not work flash pages (yet).
    Apps (programs and games) are the real luxury of the Iphone. There are thousands and thousands of them and many are free..
    The internet speed of 3G depends on whether you're logged into a wireless local connection or using the built in satellite connection, which is a bit slower..

3. jessestylex

Cool, but can you use another browser that works with flash pages?

i just want to be able to use Google, Myspace, Youtube and some sports sites. also can you check Email other than the popular ones? like Comcast Email, or work Email?

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There are very cool (and free) iPhone apps for Myspace, Youtube, Google etc. so you won't have to even use a browser to access those things.
    There's probably 50 different sports-ticker apps that you can download for free as well..

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

ipod touch is great. I wouldn't get an iphone. Iphones may seem reasonably cheap, but you have to pay for the data/internet plan to get it on ATT no matter what. You will pay hundreds more on top of the cost of the phone. That's where the sales people make all their commission. They make almost nothing on the hardware itself.

Ipod touches= one time payment, and you get free internet wherever there is wifi available.

It's less bulky than an iphone too. Honestly the only difference I've seen (my friend works at an ATT store, so I've checked with him) is that you can't make calls on it, and there's no microphone or camera built in. It does everything else though. But if you're willing to pay an extra 30 bucks a month, or whatever it is, then go with the iphone. But I love my ipod touch. Almost everywhere you go nowadays has wifi anyway it seems.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I agree with Nick - if you don't need the phone part or texting get the Ipod Touch and save $. I'd rather not pay all the fees myself, fortunately my job picks it up..

9. jessestylex

It's just a $30 fee from what i was reading, and $5-$20 for texting.

The same Family plan for AT&T is cheaper than we are paying Verizon right now. so with Iphone Internet Package and Text Messaging. it's going be be like 10$ more. I dont like that Verizon charges you by how much data you view+ as you use it, it goes against your minutes.. They need a Unlimited Internet plan like AT&T or even Cricket.

I would get an Ipod touch, but im worried i wont get any signal where i live or where i work. my buddy had a laptop at work and his wifi wouldnt pick up anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar