The introduction thread.

Discussion in 'Newbie Central' started by TitanJeff, Nov 30, 2009.

1. matt chesler

matt chesler Guest

Hey all new to the site...i talk enough titans football that i should of looked earlier for a forum like this but just saying HELLO EVERYONE!!!
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Welcome, Matt.
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO Tip Jar Donor

Matt, get out, we don't like your kind round here.
  4. DeePee

DeePee Special Teams Standout

Hello to the forum from Scotland. I got tickets for the Browns game which I'm really looking forward to. Looking for any advice to get the most out of my visit, basically bars to visit before and after game and what to expect game day, also interested in what the deal is with tailgating on the day. I've read about it but not sure if it's something I can experience or is it a private party kind of thing. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
    xpmar9x and CRUDS high five this.
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Start by going over to the Nashville page:
    Nashville | goTitans | a Tennessee Titans Fan Forum

Lots of info there. In a couple of days, you can start a thread in there and it might help to share with us what you like, if you're renting a vehicle, if you have a hotel booked already, etc.
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS The secret is the meat! Staff

Did you just invite a Scot to drive in TN?
    Those guys are pedal to the metal..
    "I've given it all she's got, Captain. She canna take any mooooore!"
    (i can't roll my r's)
  7. DeePee

DeePee Special Teams Standout

OK, that's great. I'll give it a couple of days. Cruds, even in text your Scottish accent is at best questionable. I would have pronounced it "she cannay tak any mair" :)
    Hormesis high fives this.
  8. Juggs

Juggs Special Teams Standout

Hello to all. My name is Tim and I am currently a man without a team. I've been a die hard St.Louis Rams fan since they moved from LA. I've tried my hardest to keep my fandom goin. But I've realized that when they left, the love I had for them seemed to leave as well.

I couldn't get interested in the draft at all when in years past it was like a holiday for me. I didn't find myself interested in FA. And I wasn't even interested much on hard knocks. I forced myself to watch pre season, and even that "game" last night....assuming you could call it that.

Since getting Sunday ticket, I've found myself intrigued by your Titans. I was a huge Mariota fan when he was coming out, and being from the St.Louis area, I loved that you guys had drafted DGB...even tho he has since been traded. I'm intrigued about Henry as well.

I found myself switching to the Titans game over and over on Sunday and thought...how could I be interested in a team I spent the early 2000's hating...then it hit me...you fellas are the only ones who could possibly understand the absolute idiocracy that is....Jeff Fisher.

While I'm not sure if I will be able to root for a team like I have so passionately for the last 20 years...I sure would like to give it a try. I don't know this team nearly like the rest of you. But I look forward to jumping in and seeing if I can get hooked.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  9. Doc

Doc Starter

Welcome. I (unfortunately) live in the St. Louis area also but I am a life long Titan/Oiler fan, kinda born into it.
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Wake up and die right Tip Jar Donor

Welcome to the forum, you are fortunate enough to have gotten to skip the last 10 years here, been a huge mess. Luckily we now seem to have a competent GM, and a franchise QB as well as Derrick Henry. Fun times ahead.