The history of drafting 2 QB's since 1999

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 28, 2014.

?
  1. We'll get it right eventually so yes!

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Thats stupid hell no!

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If we had an abundance of picks, sure. But without a 3rd and unlikely to get any comp picks... we need every pick we can get.

Especially since we need arguably day 1 starters at: QB, RB, RT, NT, OLB, & ILB.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

LOL at our old WR and QB coach

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I agree with you here. The only problem is that the NFL has no farm system. no minor leagues.

So you can only afford to have 2-3 QBs on a roster at any given time.. which means you have to give up on a QB or two every year. Wouldn't give you enough time to evaluate a player with any fair measure.

NFL needs to expand their practice squad. Give every team an extra 10 offensive players in their "minor league" and an extra 10 defensive players.. and one extra kicker.

Pay them 500K maximum, and have it to where you can call them up to the NFL squad when needed.

I cannot believe they are not already doing this.

It would make teams a lot deeper, and give a lot more players a chance to "make it."

football suffers.. because if you are not immediately NFL caliber, you have almost NO chance to make money playing football.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

I agree with the wr and rb stance. They have other uses, whereas qb can't contribute anwhere else

5. nickmsmith

Even if we used all our picks on these positions, still only likely we would find a good replacement of one of those positions.
    Using a 5th-7th rd pick on a NT, or almost any position, will not likely lead to a long-term starter. So basically, the FO needs to go all out during free agency. FA is a much more likely win for a starting position.

March and april will be huge.

6. xpmar9x

Hopefully we take care of ILB (Donald Butler) & NT (Terrence Cody, Raji, or Cam Thomas) in free agency. That leaves us with: QB*, RB*, OT, & OLB.

7. nickmsmith

I could very much get on board with that.

I think OT and RB are others that could get fixed via FA, and only invest low picks in rookies in those positions. MLB is my biggest worry on defense. Even if we got one, we're depending on Brown to fill in a big role, and I'm not sure he's capable. Fokou and McCarthy should not be starters anywhere.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Raji wants to go to a 4-3 and Cody wouldn't really take care of anything.

9. xpmar9x

Cody would be the 6'4 350 big body NT we're missing

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

yea but, he hasn't done anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar